The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   good question (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=226203)

bigblockorange 02-06-2007 02:20 AM

good question

5 Attachment(s)
I have one good question as I sit here late at night after work "2nd shift" looking for questions I know the answers to or a cool idea to trick out my ride I noticed that nobody has any pictures of girls in thier truck. I'm not talking about smut but anyone other than themselves or thier kids. So I reflect , my Ole Lady never rode in my truck. Looking back when I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride I hear "what would I want to do that for". I call my ride a chick magnet and she *itched so I put a soft cover on the back and now I call it the trampoline cause when I stop the truck and the girls try to jump in they just bounce off. So she just got madder but still wouldn't go for a ride. Maybe everone has an old lady like mine, no ride and no pictures.:drama:

RACINJASON22 02-06-2007 02:25 AM

Re: good qustion

Thats a good one :lol: But if I told my girlfreind any of my toys were a chick magnet she wouldn't let me leave the house in them by myself. I will remember the trampoline coment though :lol: :lol:

FLEET72 02-06-2007 02:29 AM

Re: good qustion

I guess I didn't marry a prisser. She drives the '72 while I am fixing her '95 Jimmy. I drive a '89 S-10 rat for now.

Rokcrln 02-06-2007 10:27 AM

Re: good question

My wife has been for a few rides in my 70 (LFD's Low buck truck build) and liked it for the most part. It is still under construction so it has a long way to go. She is a car freak as well so that really helps.

Quick story, My Ex and I had to meet to sing our divorce papers and I pulled up in my 71 SWB that I bought as soon as she was moved out. It was a real nice truck, hugger orange, bagged super clean interior, but when ever I mentioned getting one she would always say trucks should be raised not lowered and it would look like crap! But that night after signing the papers we walked out and she saw it parked on the street and said how nice of a truck it was. I told her that is what I had been talking for years and she says OH i did not think it would look that good. Then I showed her the keys and told her it was mine for picking up her replacement!:lol: True story!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Yukon Jack 02-06-2007 10:34 AM

My wife has sat in my truck once - to help when the shifter linkage was stuck. She doesn't have any interest in the truck. Hasn't sat in it since I got the K20 basically done, course it's so darn tall, I don't think she could get in it without a ladder ;-)

I think she might actually get in the K5 when I get it done - we'll just have to see about that.

ND_guy 02-06-2007 10:51 AM

Three years ago, My Father bought a Blue/black 68 Camaro 327/powerglide for something to drive while we were restoring the chevelle. He didnt ask my mother if he could and she was livid. She wouldnt ride or look at it. Dad spent a quite a few nights on the couch. Later that summer her Impala went in for a warrenty issue for a couple days. My mother never learned how to drive a manual. The only auto at home was the Camaro and she had to drive it. later that week my father caught her talking on the phone to one of her friends bragging about how many thumbs up and compliments she was getting driving the Camaro. After some probing she mentioned how much fun the attention was when she drove it and how she "kind of raced a honda or something" on the Hwy. Now she suggests they take the Camaro for shorts trips!!

WorkinLonghorn 02-06-2007 11:01 AM

Before it was a work truck I took her on a trip to Nevada,Arizona (and back unfortunately) and she really liked it,said she liked being high up and feeling secure.Now that it's a dirty old work truck she still likes to ride in it on the rare occasion that rain water is too high to safely drive the sedan.

67ChevyRedneck 02-06-2007 11:13 AM

Ride in it? She's DRIVEN IT! It was funny too because she was so scared to hit the pedal (she drives a 99 corolla) so at a stop light (I was sittin in the middle) I "helped" her push it down. :lol:

She likes the old girl. She used to hate it when it was primered, but I made her ride in it or stay home :lol:

She loves it now that it's painted :crazy:

My girl and I have an understanding. Trucks make me happy. They cost a lot of money. She loves horses and show riding (she's very good.) Horses make her happy. They cost a lot of money.

She wants to ride horses, I get to toy with trucks. No trucks, no horses :lol:

Bishops Trucks 02-06-2007 11:30 AM

My wife has driven my lowered '71 and my '71 shortbed 4x4. She won't drive the '68 K/20 beacause she dosen't have the arm strength to steer it in tight place. She likes my trucks.

71chevylowrider 02-06-2007 12:01 PM

My wife loves driving my truck, heck she hausl a$$ in it, I've seen her do burnies in it with a big ol smile, my woman can drive just about anything.

shifty 02-06-2007 12:06 PM

My woman can't wait to get in my truck. If you talked to her or hung out with her, you'd probably think she was too posh or snobby to get in it. She's probably motivated me more than anyone else during my buildup.

She's not a country chick, that's for sure. She wants me to build up a Blazer or Bronco for her next (she said Bronco, I told her I won't give her a Ford unless it gets a SBC in it :D)

texascowboy593 02-06-2007 12:54 PM

My wife dosen't "get it" but she appreciates that I have a thing for the classics. When I got my 59Apache she was skeptical. When I said I'd name it after her, she started to see the light. Now she can't wait to see it finished!

see ten 02-06-2007 10:37 PM

My wife has put more miles on the C10 than I have! She pulls the K10 in the garage for me when I open the door but that's about as far as that goes.

bigblockorange 04-18-2007 02:33 AM

Let's see some pics

davidh 04-18-2007 03:10 AM

my ex really liked all my old trucks. She would comment how she liked riding in them and their smell and sound(dual exhaust). She wouldn't drive the jacked up 81 swb though. I've walked away from girls who were only into "new" cars when initially meeting them.

BobbyK 04-18-2007 05:17 AM

My Blazer seems to breakdown everytime she's in it.

Here we are waiting for a tow.Sitting on the side of Highway 101 in California.
http://images107.fotki.com/v539/phot...3/00008-vi.jpg

And here she's bustin my balls.
http://images9.fotki.com/v185/photos...3/00005-vi.jpg

manimal 04-18-2007 09:39 AM

Not my wife, she wont drive anything of mine. She hates two tone. She is a total PRISS. I had a 1964 NOVA wagon that I was fixing up for a cruzer. She said HELL NO!!! So she drives nothing OLD!!! And I'm not allowed to have anything too COOL cause she's afraid that someone will be interested in me and my ride!;)

lowrollin70gmc 04-18-2007 12:26 PM

My truck gave me the opportunity to ask my girl out (blew a fuse in her driveway;) ). She's ridden in it many times and I plan on having her learn to drive a stick in it. Well.... she'll learn right before I swap in a 5/6 speed, that way when I smell clutch it won't matter. She's scared to ruin my truck, but I'm trying to convince her it's still an old farm truck under all that shiny paint and funky suspension. Also, she realizes that the truck has been here longer and sometimes I need to spend some quality greasy time with the GMC.

I did have a prior girlfriend laugh at my truck when I towed it home from school (bare cab & box in primer). "This is what you keep talking about?" She was gone within a week, and when I did get it completed (2 months) there was a burnout on her street.

davidh 04-18-2007 01:49 PM

My former gf liked watching me work on my old trucks/cars. She knew I got enjoyment out of it. She said I was like a big kid or something. too bad we didn't see eye to eye on other things. Seems like many aren't into it and if you are like most our in this web site it will just be a conflict.

DUD2STUD 04-18-2007 02:11 PM

I have built a few truck over the years my last truck was a 99 dodge ram on air. We are talking about a full show truck. I started building my 68' about a month ago and got to talking about what I wanted to accomplish and my wife said you know I really never liked the dodge but I can't wait for the 68' to get done

dan42 04-18-2007 02:21 PM

My wife actually likes to drive the '70, but why, because she has a '06 330i. She likes to buy shoes and antiques, and so we tolerate each other's vices. She really likes the '56-57 panels - her dad was a plumber and had one when she was a little girl. So she's really not too bad, but it's definitely not her 'thing'.

chevy50 04-18-2007 02:30 PM

My wife likes my old truck and she likes riding in it,but she thinks its a waste of money.I tell her every time I do something to improve it,either the looks or the performance of it,she tells me it was fine the way it was.Most women don't have a clue!

OLDIRON69 04-18-2007 02:31 PM

My wife had rather see me in the '69 Chevy any day of the week than a new one. She will drive it, but dosen't like the ratchet shifter. We were just talking last night what the new front end rebuild and disc/drum 5 lug was gonna run me. When I do that and drop the new long block in it next week, I will still have less than 2K in it.

hgs_notes 04-18-2007 03:23 PM

My truck was my wifes daily driver for about a year or two. Whenever I get it out now, I don't have to work hard to take her for a ride. She would rather see it painted too and we have come to an arrangement that might make that possible next year. My oldest girl might even like it then. She is like Bobbyk's wife, breaksdown when she's riding. I tell her its a coincidence, but she says my truck just doesn't like her.

HG

Chevyholic 04-18-2007 03:27 PM

My wife just sees my truck as competition for her "decorating" budget. I really don't think its any competition at all. ;)