The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Member Dealings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Frustrated with a board member (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=255690)

1970 CST Short Wide 08-27-2007 10:54 AM

Frustrated with a board member

Don’t you just hate it when somebody says there going to do something and then they don’t follow though!! Especially when it’s another board member. I personally have never gone against my word and never will. When I say “I’ll do it” you can count on it being done.

You know who you are and probably have a good excuse in your mind. The least you could have done was said “sorry I just can’t do it” and I would understand.
It’s when you just blow someone off for no apparent reason that pisses’s a person off.

So all I can say is “To hell with you Buddy, Thanks for nothing”

Thanks for letting me vent
I feel better now

toomanytoyz 08-27-2007 11:11 AM

Re: Frustrated with a board member

Sorry to Hear of your Problem, I personally have had Good Luck for the most Part. I hope you can Get the Problem Resolved.............

Good Luck, Rick

bowtier 08-27-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

It’s when you just blow someone off for no apparent reason that pisses’s a person off.
I know exactly how you feel. I haven't talked to my "best buddy" in over 6 months. Couldn't figure it out. He wouldn't answer any voicemails, nothing. Well, come to find out my other buddy saw him at the fair last weekend with a girl. So, what it amounts to is he just traded in his good friend of over 10 years for some broad he doesn't even know. Like he couldn't have just told me.

Anyway, sorry to start my own mini-rant. Just wanted to offer some consolation in that, at least you didn't lose your best friend over the deal. Better luck next time.

cdowns 08-27-2007 11:15 AM

the guy in the mirror is the one i trust but even then sometimes i have my doubts

Bishops Trucks 08-27-2007 11:21 AM

I had a friend of over 18 years trade our friendship for heroin. After 3 attempts to help him get clean and promises that he was finished with that sh!t, I find out that he has been lying and steeling from his girlfriends ex-boss. That really hurt me then, but I have since moved on and washed my hands of him.

Orange 08-27-2007 11:32 AM

Sometimes - folks just need to "MAN UP!"

DLB

krue 08-27-2007 12:01 PM

That sucks, hopefully y'all can get it worked out.

72BlckButy 08-27-2007 01:23 PM

Hopefully you'll get everything worked out.

68GMCCustom 08-27-2007 01:40 PM

I'm on heavy pain meds and real forgetfull....I sure hope it wasn't me! :lol:

piecesparts 08-27-2007 02:16 PM

Each person's integrity is in their handshake. If you can't honor yourself, then don't push it onto others. Friends or not, we owe others our best.

Dick Dale 08-27-2007 02:35 PM

I had something like this happen, I was buying an engine off of a member and something always happened and I couldn't make it. I did tell him each time and hoped all would go well. I know he finnaly sold it, can't blame him but I hope I didn't hurt him too bad. This is not the place to lose your rep. Good folks that help out alot and try to make right so you can stick around.

Putter 08-27-2007 04:01 PM

If you lend your friend $20, and never see him again....
It was WORTH EVERY PENNY.

1970 CST Short Wide 08-27-2007 04:08 PM

All very good thoughts, thank you, and as I said "Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now” It’s done and over. It wasn’t that big a deal, its just you would like to be able to take a guy at his word. It seems to be a rare thing anymore, very sad

shifty 08-27-2007 04:10 PM

Hopefully you get it worked out.

I've had it done to me here more times than I can count. On the flip side of that, I have two people here that I need to clear something (non-urgent, but my word is my word) up with and still haven't gotten to shipping out what I said I would. It's pretty uncharacteristic of me, but with the wedding 8 weeks out, I'm completely tied up in other crap. Been 10 months of solid planning in my spare time.

You know I'm busy as hell when you don't see me update my truck buildup thread.

72freak 08-27-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putter (Post 2328988)

Bronx Tale

chevyboy55 08-27-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putter (Post 2328988)

That's why I've always liked not having any friends.If you don't have any friends,nobody will ask you for any favors.:hm:

JohnO356 08-27-2007 08:48 PM

Putter-- I really like that.

corn 08-27-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68GMCCustom (Post 2328778)
I'm on heavy pain meds and real forgetfull....I sure hope it wasn't me! :lol:

Im not on meds, but my lifes been a little crazy the last couple months & Im hoping it wasnt me either...

kwmech 08-27-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1970 CST Short Wide (Post 2328597)
Don’t you just hate it when somebody says there going to do something and then they don’t follow though!! Especially when it’s another board member. I personally have never gone against my word and never will. When I say “I’ll do it” you can count on it being done.

You know who you are and probably have a good excuse in your mind. The least you could have done was said “sorry I just can’t do it” and I would understand.

So all I can say is “To hell with you Buddy, Thanks for nothing”

Thanks for letting me vent
I feel better now

Yup, had it happen to me about 9 months ago----looks like it may happen a second time

87 STEPPER 08-27-2007 10:17 PM

I can understand your frustration but i don't think flaming another board member in the GD forum is a very good thing to do either it may have made you feel better but did you ever think about how it will make him feel?

And then you say later it was no big deal so then why post it then?

Even tho no one knowes who this other member is i'm sure this won't make the matter between the two of you any better.

Stocker 08-27-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corn (Post 2329597)
Im not on meds, but my lifes been a little crazy the last couple months & Im hoping it wasnt me either...

corn, even if it was... nobody on this board would ever hold it against you. :)

Liz 08-27-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87 STEPPER (Post 2329624)
I can understand your frustration but i don't think flaming another board member in the GD forum is a very good thing to do either it may have made you feel better but did you ever think about how it will make him feel?

And then you say later it was no big deal so then why post it then?

Even tho no one knowes who this other member is i'm sure this won't make the matter between the two of you any better.

agreed.. I'm sorry it happened but this could had been handled in other ways. There is a review board for these type posts, also if it was a deal gone sour there are admins to contact to help out. If it was an issue via PM, it should had stayed in PM etc..

Quote:

XI. If you have a problem with a buyer, contact that forums Administrator. Do not bring the problem into the forums.
Quote:

VII. If you have a problem with a seller, contact that forums Administrator. Do not bring the problem into the

forums.
VIII. Please use the Review Forum for all comments after the transactions are completed.
I fully understand being frustrated and wanting to vent. I just wish, if there was an actual issue, ya'll would tell us more often. What if this is not the first time its happened, or its a habitual bad seller or buyer? Shouldn't someone be made aware, so there can be an end to it?

LUV2XCLR8 08-28-2007 06:06 PM

I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Me" might have been "Myself" and you never know about "I" :D

Just trying to make ya feel better, almost ALL of us have had dealings go bad before :(

EAST SIDE LOW LIFE 10-25-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyboy55 (Post 2329367)
That's why I've always liked not having any friends.If you don't have any friends,nobody will ask you for any favors.:hm:

LOL ..... How profound in deed! Sad but true.

esll. :)

72ironmike 11-12-2007 08:04 PM

I had a friend I loaned him ten, I haven't seen my friend since then

Another friend I loaned him five, I doubt if he is still alive

For one more friend I signed a note, He disappeared and got my goat

I'm now convinced that in the end, a feller can't trust his own best friend!

Can't remember where I saw this but I never forgot it.