The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486894)

MisterC 05-24-2012 07:59 PM

Re: MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread

No. Family issues started that day and succeeded in killing the whole weekend. I'll have to drop in next time we make a Folsom trip to see the family.
Posted via Mobile Device

54Caddy 06-10-2012 05:38 PM

updates??

MisterC 06-10-2012 09:59 PM

Not a damn thing! I got my Porterbuilt parts in on Wednesday and dropped them off at the powder coaters as well. He still isn't done with my seat frame; a bit sketchy, to say the least.

I'm in the midst of a major yard improvement project, both front and back. It's kept me busy. I did start it yesterday just to hear it run and "get my fix". As soon as the parts are back from powder coat, it will be back on the road.

54Caddy 06-11-2012 12:58 AM

Wow really, youve just been waiting on the seat frame from them and porterbuilt parts??

MisterC 06-15-2012 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally picked up the buddy bucket seat frame and rear suspension parts from the powder coater. In light of the fact that it took him so long, he only charged me $70 for everything.

For my father's day present, I've asked for time alone to work on the truck.:lol:

Hopefully I get some progress made this weekend.

shawno72 06-15-2012 04:03 PM

Looking good.

64shortbox 06-15-2012 07:52 PM

Looking good! Hope you get your time in this weekend. Get started early in the morning 102 Saturday & 104 Sunday. I plan on getting some stuff done on my truck too. I have to work on the washing machine and since I have to take the truck out of the garage to work on it I HAVE to give the truck its' time too.

C/10 King 06-16-2012 05:13 PM

Mario, I'm glad you're back on track, are you still up for the "Brothers Show" even if you're truckless? :uhmk: BTW- my 66' went to "Kev's Classic's" this morning!!!!! :)

54Caddy 06-17-2012 12:21 AM

You got one hell of a deal, Ive never heard of them taking so long but thats how it is sometimes. Awaiting progress, call me if you need help with anything man.

54Caddy 07-03-2012 02:36 AM

you going to make it to the brothers show?

MisterC 07-03-2012 03:18 PM

Haven't had much time to work on the truck, but let's just say that I'm still holding out hope!

MikeS. 07-03-2012 04:53 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Threads like this make me wonder why I left Fresno.

Great looking truck, good luck with the build.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sick5 07-04-2012 12:15 PM

Subscribed!

looking Nice Mario
you going to make it to the brothers this weekend?

54Caddy 08-26-2012 10:06 PM

any updates Mario?? Havent seen you on the streets yet.

Sick5 08-28-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54Caddy (Post 5559186)
any updates Mario?? Havent seen you on the streets yet.

x2

MisterC 08-29-2012 07:19 AM

Hey Guys,

Nothing new to report. I saw you on Mooney the other day, Brandon!

The project has stayed stalled with family and lots of work. The Mrs. just bought me a new air compressor for the shop, for my birthday, so I'll need to fire that up and actually get some work done.

Hope to have some update pics in the next couple of weeks.

Bazooka 08-29-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterC (Post 5563706)
Hey Guys,

Nothing new to report. I saw you on Mooney the other day, Brandon!

The project has stayed stalled with family and lots of work. The Mrs. just bought me a new air compressor for the shop, for my birthday, so I'll need to fire that up and actually get some work done.

Hope to have some update pics in the next couple of weeks.

ah my old stomping grounds! I grew up in Visalia also lived in Exeter for awhile. I'm living in Clovis right now. I used to cruise my 67 firebird on mooney every friday and saturday back in 98-00. It was teal with a white hood. We'd stop by at In-N-out were the local street racers gatherd looking for a race. Fun times.

54Caddy 08-29-2012 02:31 PM

Give me a call sometime Mario. Help you get that truck back on the road. Need to get it done before winter so we can make at least one good cruise before summer ends.

LostMy65 10-11-2012 12:16 AM

How about a pic of those slotted mags you found. :mm:

MisterC 10-12-2012 09:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Lost,

Here they are in all of their glory. I'm actually very proud of this acquisition. I found them on Craigslist for $150. I talked the guy down to $100 for the set. I promptly removed the tires and then sold the tires on Craigslist for $80:metal: I'll put my T/A's on them when they're all shined up.

They had a quite a bit of curb rash on them. Based on the advice of Chevyrestoguy, I found a local machine shop that had a lathe large enough to mill the edges down. They tried to save the raised lip, but the curb rash was just to deep. They came out great and now have a "soft lip" look.

I'm currently doing the graduated sanding before I polish them. My plan is to finish them off with a "period correct" set of knock offs. Sorry, I'm an 80's teenager.:lol:

Not much work, other than that recently. Working tons of hours and only getting a couple of hours per week to work on it.

LostMy65 10-12-2012 09:48 PM

Those look so perfect for an 80's teen. !
I was also an 80's teen.
I had slotted mags on my 65 while I owned it in the early 80's before I sold it.

Those Mags will look superb on your truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

54Caddy 10-14-2012 12:59 AM

Looking good Mario, post some pictures of the polishing you have done.

MisterC 11-06-2012 02:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Waiting on some more polishing materials to arrive and finally got back into the swing of things. Honestly, I made the mistake of starting too many projects, on the truck, at the same time and ended up not being able to tackle any of them with limited time.

With that said, I got my '61 sail panels mounted tonight. I don't think it was in my build thread, but I purchased these on Ebay some time back. I prefer the 60-63 sail panels so I sold my '66 ones and bought these for cheap. When they arrived, I realized they went with the elusive rear cab trim piece, which I haven't been able to find. After seeing Dino's rear cab trim idea, I matched these up to one of my lower trim pieces and they will work perfectly with a bit of "tweaking". I have one of my buddies, that builds airplanes, modifying a piece to go between them.

MisterC 11-06-2012 02:54 AM

5 Attachment(s)
After mounting the sail panels, I finished tightening up the new brake lines for my power brakes, lowered the front end, lifted the rear end and began the deconstruction to install the Porterbuilt adjustable trac bar and rear shock relocation kit. After soaking most of the bolts with PB blaster, I was able to get the panhard bar and lower shock mounts removed.

I got one of the frame rivets out of the panhard bar mount and then ran out of time. More to come tomorrow. I seriously need an air chisel!!!

LostMy65 11-06-2012 02:56 AM

I think most here can relate to having too much going with our trucks.
We have so many ideas cooking.

Right now I'm putting everything back together because I know what happens if I leave it tore down too long.

Your truck is one of my favorites in these forums. Glad to see you're still at it.
Posted via Mobile Device