The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Gas Pedal Help (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=833216)

1971Stepside 04-11-2022 04:12 PM

Gas Pedal Help

2 Attachment(s)
My donor was an 05 Yukon Denali. It came with the pedal like this on in the picture. I modified my firewall to allow this to just bolt in and thought it would be perfect as the gas pedal sits just lower than the brake pedal. After driving the truck for some time now I really want the gas pedal to be closer to the firewall. Any ideas on how I can achieve that? Are other pedals interchangeable with my harness on the pedal?

v30crewcab 04-11-2022 06:51 PM

Re: Gas Pedal Help

looks like you have an adjustable height pedal. I'm wondering if theres a way to move it closer my activating the motor on the pedal.

bigmoe 04-11-2022 08:59 PM

I was thinking the same thing as V30. When that pedal was in the Denali it was adjustable. A cable like a speedo cable runs to that black plastic assembly, turns it and makes it longer or shorter. With the cable gone you could manually turn it to adjust the pedal where you want it. You could also remove that adjustable assembly and just replace it with a rod or something at one fixed position that suits you.

bigmoe 04-11-2022 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of a pedal like yours. The black adjustable part is a little worm gear assembly. Manually adjust it to get the height you want.

1971Stepside 04-12-2022 09:25 AM

Well, I feel pretty dumb but excited to see if that will work. Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted.

Richard 04-12-2022 01:52 PM

There is the Vette pedal. Obviously would need to check compatibility. A user here makes a mounting bracket. https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=631165 Have one in my truck.

oldman3 04-18-2022 02:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
71Step, just came across this thread. I have a pedal from a 2005 GMC Yukon that was the same as yours. What I did was remove the plastic part for changing the pedal postion. Cut off the upper part of metal at top, and also upper part of the pedal arm. Used the hole where the plastic piece was, drilled hole in pedal arm and bolted together. After installing and adjusting pedal where it felt good I made a stop so that it moved the main parts. (This could be welded but I didn't.) This isn't a very good explanation, but hopefully the pics will help. Any questions let me know...Jim

Pic 1 was when I first installed in truck.

Next three pics are close ups I took today.

1971Stepside 04-25-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

71Step, just came across this thread. I have a pedal from a 2005 GMC Yukon that was the same as yours. What I did was remove the plastic part for changing the pedal postion. Cut off the upper part of metal at top, and also upper part of the pedal arm. Used the hole where the plastic piece was, drilled hole in pedal arm and bolted together. After installing and adjusting pedal where it felt good I made a stop so that it moved the main parts. (This could be welded but I didn't.) This isn't a very good explanation, but hopefully the pics will help. Any questions let me know...Jim

Pic 1 was when I first installed in truck.

Next three pics are close ups I took today.
This! I just need some time to get in the garage and take a look, but I think this is what I'm going to have to do. Much appreciated and I am sure I will hit you up with questions.

oldman3 04-25-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1971Stepside (Post 9071313)
This! I just need some time to get in the garage and take a look, but I think this is what I'm going to have to do. Much appreciated and I am sure I will hit you up with questions.

Be glad to help anyway I can...Jim