The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Where have all the suburbans gone (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=834990)

52napco 06-01-2022 06:04 AM

Where have all the suburbans gone

Morning rant... am I the only one that has noticed the lack of suburbans for sale..if you wanted a decent 4x4 burb you would play hell buying one in today's market.you hardly ever see one available...

Getter-Done 06-01-2022 06:30 AM

Re: Where have all the suburbans gone

Probably are being converted to crew cabs.

nightmare 06-01-2022 07:41 AM

Yeah, it's getting difficult to find ANY suburbans

kev2809 06-01-2022 07:46 AM

ya it's a love hate for me though. they are harder to find but at the same time I'm kind of glad when it's time to drive mine and show it off I know there's a good chance I won't see another one on the road. makes it more unique.

CG 06-01-2022 09:42 AM

I got my 72 C10 Burb back a little while ago. No engine or trans and of course the usual rust issues. A couple folks know I have it and Ive been offered quite a bit more for it than I have in to it. But for now Im standing pat. When will I be able to find another at a decent price ... never.

I let my K20 Burb go awhile ago and its changed hands three times since. Last I saw Randy (ex member here) was going to town on it. If anybody can get it done he can, the man is a machine when it comes to building trucks and burbs.

hevy_chevy67 06-01-2022 10:27 AM

Definitely hard to find. Kind of sucks, but as someone mentioned when you do drive yours it makes you feel good knowing you probably won't run into one.

I recently bought my first one that has been off the roads for at least 20 years. So I'm doing my part and adding one to the roads haha.

dagnabbitt 06-01-2022 10:27 AM

I've always wanted one. The only one I have seen in the last 30 years was in a junkyard, though.

In my locale they were used for work crews, not families. They were beat upon very hard.

hevy_chevy67 06-01-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagnabbitt (Post 9085839)
I've always wanted one. The only one I have seen in the last 30 years was in a junkyard, though.

In my locale they were used for work crews, not families. They were beat upon very hard.

Other then a couple junkyard ones that were the equivalent of swiss cheese, I've seen a total of three in the wild in Alberta. 4 if I include mine. Not many out there, that's for sure.

HO455 06-01-2022 12:22 PM

I seem to remember reading somewhere there were only 95,000 67-72 Chevy Suburbans or so built and if the estimates of GMC production ring true that would mean total production would be in the 150 to 175,000 range.
I'd be surprised if half of them survived the years. I feel lucky to have found mine.
It's rarer than my GTO and getting to be worth as much. :lol:

Beach-Burban 06-01-2022 12:56 PM

I've had my C/10 Suburban for 5 years...but it took me 5 years to find one that met my wish list and that was still available when I made contact with seller. One occassion, I was making air travel arrangements for Florida, but the seller contacted me last minute and said it just sold without the buyer even asking any questions or seeing it! It's more common now to buy "sight unseen" over the internet instead of "kicking tires"...but I was taught differently, so when I stumbled upon mine (which was only 80 miles from home), I jumped in my car and brought cash just in case it was the one for me! It was...and I'm very glad that I'm not looking to buy one now!

Woody

Billyburban 06-01-2022 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mines been under the knife but I have a favor to ask Of you guys I lost my gas tank filler can someone post pics of there’s from underneath so I can see how it looks cause I can’t find one I’m wonder if the blazer one would work ? 🤔

pontiacvince 06-01-2022 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyburban (Post 9085963)
Mines been under the knife but I have a favor to ask Of you guys I lost my gas tank filler can someone post pics of there’s from underneath so I can see how it looks cause I can’t find one I’m wonder if the blazer one would work ? 🤔

Mine after I installed a 40gal. gas tank.

3757chevy 06-01-2022 08:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyburban (Post 9085963)

Here are pics of mine. Hope this helps.

3757chevy 06-01-2022 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 52napco (Post 9085776)
Morning rant... am I the only one that has noticed the lack of suburbans for sale..if you wanted a decent 4x4 burb you would play hell buying one in today's market.you hardly ever see one available...

I wasn't looking ...cause I knew I would never find one , but when one became available I could not resist... https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=822994...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=2675

HO455 06-01-2022 09:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's one out of the truck. I replaced mine due to the lock ring being deformed.(3rd photo) I read somewhere the Blazer ones are significantly different but, maybe these pictures will help you find out for sure.

CG 06-01-2022 09:30 PM

I think there is one for sale in the burb parts for sale area right now.

Here it is ... https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=834786

Richard is a great guy to deal with

FLYNAVY30 06-01-2022 09:49 PM

Yea, I've had mine for 10 years now and to be honest, I've toyed with selling it multiple times. My thing is, I love vintage SUVs, and while Defenders, FJs, Broncos, Land Cruisers, and Scouts are cool nothing offers the combo of utility and uniqueness the Suburban does.

I wish mine didn't have any rust, and I wish it was 4wd, but its in excellent driver quality shape, and its something I can enjoy driving while I work on it. And even in the antiques heavy Austin car scene, its still very rare and gets lots of looks and thumbs up.

3757chevy 06-01-2022 09:49 PM

Blazer fill tube is totally different . It passes through the quarter panel higher and goes through a grommet instead of the three screw flange.

Getter-Done 06-01-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9086065)
I think there is one for sale in the burb parts for sale area right now.

Here it is ... https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=834786

Richard is a great guy to deal with

Thumbs Up on That :metal::metal::metal:

3757chevy 06-01-2022 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 52napco (Post 9085776)

I've seen this C10 'burb around town for the last 40 some years . I know it's a one owner.

71meangreenc10 06-01-2022 11:10 PM

It is really bad when there are none for sale in the Zona....Dude had a roller for $10K, probably sold cause the add is gone.

Smitty

HO455 06-01-2022 11:33 PM

There must be some still out there. Just this afternoon I met a gentleman who introduced himself after seeing me in my Burban. He has recently acquired one and is eager to get it drivable, then dive into some rust repair.

kwmech 06-06-2022 01:03 PM

There are 2 of them floating around here that I see time to time driving down the road. Maybe only once or twice a year

'68OrangeSunshine 06-07-2022 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 71meangreenc10 (Post 9086142)
It is really bad when there are none for sale in the Zona....Dude had a roller for $10K, probably sold cause the add is gone.

Smitty

Arizona's been fished-out for '67-'72 Chevy trucks, Blazers, Subs, parts etc. for years.
The whole world knows we have zero rust and a depressed economy. Since real estate has supplanted citrus production, Detroit Iron is our biggest export.
Anyway, mine's not for sale.

71meangreenc10 06-07-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine (Post 9088416)
Arizona's been fished-out for '67-'72 Chevy trucks, Blazers, Subs, parts etc. for years.
The whole world knows we have zero rust and a depressed economy. Since real estate has supplanted citrus production, Detroit Iron is our biggest export.
Anyway, mine's not for sale.

I hear that. I have a junk yard here and they wont sell anything 67-72 to the locals at all. Dude said that he sells to people in Canada for top $$$. I think peoples expectations on Burbs have not caught up to todays economy. I am on a Burb FB page and people are looking for Burbs. You show them a daily driver with some rust for $15K and they snub their nose. Well the next options are well over $20K and guess what, they have rust also. Probably just covered in bondo and paint. I think in the next five years most people will be priced out to compete for junk projects.

Smitty