The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Some a**hole tried to break into my truck last night!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=15707)

JoetheMobster 06-15-2002 07:00 PM

Some a**hole tried to break into my truck last night!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Some a**hole tried to break into my truck last night! I gased 'er up and gave 'er a bath last night, and then parked 'er at home. This morning when I get up, I go to get in my truck, and I notice that the driver's side lock's slot is stretched a bit. I thought to myself, I don't remember the lock being like this. (besides being a ***** to open) Just on a hunch, I looked at the passenger side, and this one is F*CKED!! It's stretched right out, and the key barely fits in the slot!! Once I got the driver's side open, the lock mechanism is now jambed in the unlock position, and will not budge. I took it out, and it's destroyed inside! So now I have to unlock the passenger side door to get in, since I had to lock the driver's side manually from the inside of the door.

I am pissed off!

I'm going to be watching the truck more closely now, and I will have NO SECOND THOUGHT on cracking the son's of *****es in the face with my baseball bat! (which will now be a semi-permanent fixture beside the front door)

In a way though, it's kind of my fault. I leave the face plate for my stereo in the truck all the time, attached to the tape deck. It's a crappy Panasonic, which works when it wants to, but I guess all the morons that are in my town don't know that! haha. Christ, if that's what they're after, ask me and I'll give it to them, just leave my f*cking truck alone!

Sorry....

Alexis 06-15-2002 07:06 PM

i hate when people do sht like that, you should put a camera outside, even if you dont hook it up at least they might think twice about it, just run some wire in side the house fromt he camera so they think its hooked up to somthing

JoetheMobster 06-15-2002 07:15 PM

I was actually thinking of setting my video camera up on it's tripod, and aiming it out the front window on my truck, WITH the night shot on. (It's a stinkin Sony)

The night shot works great, even in pitch black! (first thing I tried out when I got it, hehehe)

Alexis 06-15-2002 07:25 PM

check this out

http://members.aol.com/alexmart1/sign.jpg

Longhorn Man 06-15-2002 07:27 PM

I know what your talkin bout. My wife had a $150 Pioneer CD player in her truck, she went into the mall for no more than 3 min, (returning a video) and it was gone.
As for the video...you need to make sure you are not trying to lure the subject in. If you are, and you catch it on tape, not only will it be thrown out, but you may get charges brought on to yourself. (this coming from a cop in TX, and confirmed by my father...an ex-cop)

Project1970 06-15-2002 07:32 PM

Ooooh, I know the feeling. Some punks tried to break into my truck a year ago or so...wait, not tried, they actually got in. But rather than screw with my locks, they popped the passenger ventwindow (and bent the passenger mirror in the process?) and reached in and unlocked it. They got my cheap Aiwa halfway out of the dash...then gave up. I'm with ya, if I ever find who did it (yeah right) I'll crush their face with The Club...

Seriously...I hope I happen to find the next guy who tries it (because someone will, I'm sure of it) and make an example out of him. A big bloody example. Either that or work on importing some of the Asian security systems...under-car flamethrowers. ;)

And NightShot is cool. :D

Alexis 06-15-2002 07:33 PM

fk the court non-common sence laws., just cut his hand off for trying to steal and shave some of his skin for scratching your paint. :p

JoetheMobster 06-15-2002 07:44 PM

If I "lure" them in, while taping it, it won't be for the law, it will be for personal use ;) (the part of town I live in is small enough that a face will pop up sooner or later) I have some tarps and some rocks, and a nice body of water waiting.

LMAO at the sign, that was a great mood booster, thanks Alexmart1!! :)

I have a single pane glass back window, so there's no slider to jimmy, otherwise they would probably have tried it.

I took some photos, and am going to try and get them developed today.

Project1970 06-15-2002 07:51 PM

No, I meant the triangular wing windows in front of the side windows...I just call them ventwindows, heh. I've got a solid rear window too. Someone managed to jimmy it...

*shrug* Oh well. Maybe I need to figure out how to electrify the body of it. That'll teach people to walk too close. ;)

superchevy 06-15-2002 09:45 PM

Somebody tried to break into my truck the other day while I was inside a Target. 3rd time it's happened in 6 months. Each time they try and pop the door handle, my alarm goes off, and they leave. Both door handles/doors are bent on my truck now. That's why I'm having the doors shaved. Now they'll just bust a window instead, but I'd rather replace a window than pay for dent/paint repair of the doors.
I'm not worried about them actually stealing the truck - I have too many kill switches for that to happen. :)
SC
Oh yeah, I don't even have a good stereo - just the factory turd.

Maximum Overdrive 06-15-2002 10:44 PM

Just wondering why charges would be thrown out if he was lured in. I mean I do not see how it would be entrapment as it is not normal nature for anyone put into that position to trespass, steal a stereo, or steal a truck. Or do they think its normal for people to do that in texas?:confused:

kirsten 06-15-2002 11:43 PM

hey alexmart.. I think we should try to get a printing of stickers like that!!! :D

jostrans68 06-16-2002 12:13 AM

I feel your pain mine has been stole twice know lucky both times to get most of it back....... I say we find em and linch em.................lol:flag:

race-n-jason 06-16-2002 12:15 AM

several months ago before i had started rebuilding my motor, someone broke into mine and stole my speakers.

Then about the time i as was getting ready to pull the motor, I went outside to find my hood open. they had also broke into the cab and several wires were hanging down. I guess they thought they were going to hot wire it. I laughed my ars off, trying to picture them trying to hot wire the truck, and to their dismay, when they opened the hood they found my motor stripped down to the shortblock. They weren't goin anywhere.....

anyway i bought an alarm for it i will be installing it soon.

JoetheMobster 06-16-2002 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
driver's side.

The damage doesn't look that great, but the cylinder is shot, inside. The latch arm (for lack of a better word) that's attached to the back of the cylinder is damaged as well. (the lever that actually moves the lock up, and down) It's now very short, but I bent it out enough so that it still locks the door. Off to the junkyard for me!

BTW...locks are replaced now, did that this afternoon.

JoetheMobster 06-16-2002 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Passenger side

Wabash 06-16-2002 05:55 AM

damn losers id put their balls in a vice and slowly turn then beat them in the head with my spare camshaft,baseball bat is to light.....LOL

68SWB4x4 06-16-2002 01:58 PM

if you put a video camera outside they will probaly just steal the video camera..............

blue_69 06-16-2002 03:23 PM

i can get them stickers made my friend at work runs the decal machine i'll talk to him tomorow. :flag:

68SWB4x4 06-16-2002 04:13 PM

yeah those stickers are pretty sweet!

Bowtie468 06-16-2002 04:23 PM

Wabash, I really like the camshaft idea. Heck, maybe check to see if you've got an old steel crank laying around ! :D :D lol

Travis 06-16-2002 09:33 PM

Yep, time to set a camera up. Alot of good ones on the market now, wireless easy to tie into a VCR. And not that expensive.

68 with 350 TPI 06-16-2002 11:24 PM

Hey man I feel your pain:(

I had someone break into my truck for the radio but.....
They broke the small vent window and they took a pry bar to my stereo to get it out.

Now I have a totaly messed up dash with a 12 inch hole where my stereo used to be:(

So I have to replace the entire dash,radio,window,and the other crap they messed up

StingRay 06-17-2002 12:21 PM

Yah well I can really sympathise as I was away in Vernon BC on the weekend and I got a call from the wife telling me my car got broken into and the door and door handle were all torn up and they screwed up my dash and stereo trying to get the head unit out. I was PISSED when I surveyed the damage.:eek: :mad: It's the damage they do trying that's almost worse than the stuff they rip off.

Desert Rat 06-17-2002 01:43 PM

I dont think id leave a faceplate on a Kraco its still a few buck for a crackhead,locks are simple to replace be happy they didnt bust a window,or screw up the vent window,or just pop the locks out.these trucks are very simple to get into and driveaway just to prove it i stole my own truck with doors locked.I had it started and gone in 3 minutes.brought another ignition swith plugged it in let it hang under dash. thats all i had was hanger and a truck ignition switch.scarry huh? now my truck wont go anywhere like that.unless you know the secrets.this **** happens it pisses you off,makes you tense for a while be thankful damage was minimal,and didnt lose a bunch-didnt use a prybar to seperate door,blow out window.i now leave nothing in my truck look in see nothing pawn shopable.nobody wants a JVC 2 knob tapedeck,Pioneer truck speakers on the 67-8 Buckets dont come out easily,ive you want more juice put a amp under pass seat,secure a bazooka tube(easly hidden with coat)or in back if Blazer tank,10 disc changer in glovebox or console.some mids and tweeters hiding,I remember living in Tacoma,Wa and the neighborlady someone blew her window out all they took were a couple packs of smokes,probably gold to a shaking fiending crackhead,just be happy there not looking for a tack,or seats,or tilt thatd suck!!!