The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   topless (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=199325)

makovai 05-14-2006 12:32 AM

topless

I finally feel the weather will hold for at least a week so i went for it. First time since i've got this POS i actually enjoyed my day. I'm extremely sunburned but it was so worth it.

Learned a big lesson too. That first ride with the top off, "wear gogles" the dust started flyin and i had to pull over, guess i should have vacuumed the rig first :cool:

Anyway all my frustrations this winter with this rig were all worth it today.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...34_33_full.jpg

Medicanman71 05-14-2006 12:51 AM

Re: topless

Hey it's looking pretty good! Yep, you learned your lesson... i just drive with my eyes closed for the 1st 2 minutes of every drive :cool:

ian villeza 05-14-2006 02:29 AM

Nothing beats driving with the top off, I think the best part about our Blazers is #1 Going topless, #2 V-8 engine, And #3 Four Wheel Drive. :metal:

LUV2XCLR8 05-14-2006 07:11 AM

If you drop the gate alot of the stuff will fly out the back, dust, dirt,
leaves or whatever, the gate gets that stuff swirling, looks cool and
congrats on being able to take her for a spin, I luv being topless :cool:

special-K 05-14-2006 07:50 AM

Cool!!Around here the Blazers are all rusted,but lots of frames and drivetrains.So,we could go nude,I guess.

Yukon Jack 05-14-2006 09:28 AM

Congrats, I'm still waiting for the day when I get mine on the road and topless!

vtblazer 05-14-2006 10:46 AM

:lol: flying debris, yeah been there.

Once you go topless...:hm: ;)

Patch 05-14-2006 10:53 AM

M:metal: ines coming off today!!!! Suppose to be 80 tomorrow!!!! Vacuum cleaner....check....tail gate down....check.....hat for my balding head.....check! lol......

makovai 05-14-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patch
M:metal: ines coming off today!!!! Suppose to be 80 tomorrow!!!! Vacuum cleaner....check....tail gate down....check.....hat for my balding head.....check! lol......

les see some pics guys....

I wanna see topless, almost as good as the nudie bar.

jamie72 05-14-2006 11:26 AM

mine will be coming off this weekend, got some buddies coming over to watch nascar night race,little do they know its a top removing party!!!

bouncytruck 05-14-2006 11:30 AM

Your truck looks great with the top off!

I was going to take the top off yesterday and put on the softtop on, but I ran out of time durning the day. The forecast is for 80 so it should be around 84 at our house. I'm probably not going to get a chance to drive it anyway with the new baby and my parents coming tuesday to see their granddaughter & new grandson.

I think everyone should add their topless pics to this thread as they remove the top for the summer!

Rokcrln 05-14-2006 04:34 PM

Looks nice! It is 94* at my house right now! I am one of those people that if the light bulb is to bright I get sun burned so I am not a big Topless fan which is strange since 3 out of 4 of my toys are converts for now;) ....

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Medicanman71 05-14-2006 07:19 PM

Soft top w/ windows zipped out counts as topless, right? :lol:
http://i2.tinypic.com/wv68mb.jpg

I have to get a summer soft top going like Bluegoose972's and loose my winter top :cool:

bouncytruck 05-14-2006 10:30 PM

Your lucky you live in a place were the sun is always shining! Your truck's lookin' great!

IGOR 05-15-2006 12:13 AM

Nice Makovai! - nothing like that first time going topless!

Man I gotta get mine running!

I had my top off all last summer - just parked it in the garage and drove it on nice days -

Shameless pic of mine last summer...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...EN/topless.jpg

IGOR 05-15-2006 12:17 AM

Another...

Next to my buddy's rig (that he since sold) - his is 4" lift with 33"

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...daveandben.jpg

Yukon Jack 05-15-2006 02:51 PM

These pics are killing me. I can't wait to get mine running!!!

Jason915 05-15-2006 05:29 PM

Mine is also off I found by shutting the vents on the kick panels that the flying debris is less than with them open.

LUV2XCLR8 05-15-2006 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not finished, but ......................................

Gary 70 Jimmy 05-15-2006 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Once I went topless I never went back.;)

Medicanman71 05-15-2006 06:50 PM

Excellent pics guys! Nice Blazers!

FRENCHBLUE72 05-15-2006 09:09 PM

I should be topless as soon as the floor boards are done..

bouncytruck 05-16-2006 12:14 AM

Just took the top off today and put on the soft top.

I usually put down the tailgate and take the leaf blower to the inside before the first drive. I can't drive around with the tailgate down because I have a swing-away spare.

I'd take new pics, but it looks just like the pick in my profile.

makovai 05-16-2006 10:55 AM

beautiful rigs......keep the pics coming.

Green Monster 05-17-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicanman71
(I) just drive with my eyes closed for the 1st 2 minutes of every drive :cool:

:haha:

That's too funny about the debris in the eyes. I thought I was the only one that experienced that phenomenon!

I kept vacuuming the interior to no avail. I found the rear seat cushion was deteriorating and little foam debris falling off from people sitting on it, and old age of course. The air flows to the front to the truck under the rear seat. Just keep driving it and vacuuming it. Should get it out of the system after an hour or two of highway driving.

You want to talk about hard to see? Anybody ever get caught in thunderstorm with the top off? I did last summer, the night before the Live Aid Concert here in Philly. We were heading west bound at around midnight. The sky ahead looked light a strobe light. With constant arks of lightening. It was coming for us and we were heading right for it. Then it gallons upon gallons came from the sky. Nowhere to go for cover. People were pulling off to the side of the road while 15 foot waves of water were coming over the median from opposing traffic on the Schuylkill expressway, the worst winding, high accident, highway in Philadelphia. The lightening and thunder came simultaneously. FLASH-CRRAAAACK!!! My buddy would have climbed into the console if he could. Ohhh, what a mess that night was. The rain and tire spray got caught in the back draft and spattered itself onto the inside of the windshield. Water was running down the inside of the windshield, through the dash and onto our ankles. The roll of paper towels in the console saved me. I need a set of those hard to find inside mounted windshield wipers.

That will be the only time I get caught in rain with the Blazer.
I'll tell you what, the BF Goodrich Mud Terrains are awesome for rain though.

Oh, by the way awesom rig. Nice touch going back to the woodgrain trim. The new trim looks awesome doesn't it?