The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   as low as i can go with my project truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=233624)

Chops_by_Chase 03-28-2007 04:56 PM

as low as i can go with my project truck...

5 Attachment(s)
We got a little sunny weather here in indiana and i finally got my truck out to shoot some pics. Right now this is as low as i can go with out cutting more. I have our ART front tubular arms with 2.5 spindles, and the tubular rear trailing arm kit with c-notches. I raised the bed floor about 3" and I took out the front inner fenders. The wide whites are about 31" overall diameter. I think it needs to look lower, but I want to maintain its use as a 'truck to haul my bikes. do i go lower...dropmember and a larger notch... or should I finish putting it together and drive it... choices choices.

anyway here is some eye candy

1LoC10 03-28-2007 05:03 PM

Re: as low as i can go with my project truck...

I think it looks sweet as is... id drive it for the season, then drop member it in the winter

jimmydean 03-28-2007 05:21 PM

I agree, looks great as is. Drive it for a while until you get bored and then go lower.

7deuce 03-28-2007 07:38 PM

Roll that Bad Boy!

powell72 03-28-2007 08:16 PM

It's got a good hot rod stance, goes with the rolling stock. Drive it.

smashingchuck 03-28-2007 08:29 PM

laying out is over rated. drive it! looks awesome as is!

PBFAB.COM 03-28-2007 10:16 PM

You already know my answer!:)

SCOTI 03-28-2007 11:16 PM

I like it as is but it would actually be more driveable & useable as a truck w/the Dropmember which..... would also get you lower. Sounds like a win/win to me :cool: .

N2TRUX 03-29-2007 12:31 AM

Drive till Nathan gets your Dropmember ready than slam it some mo....

RACINJASON22 03-29-2007 02:19 AM

I agree with 1LoC10
Quote:

I think it looks sweet as is... id drive it for the season, then drop member it in the winter

Chops_by_Chase 03-29-2007 09:57 AM

I guess its far enough along to put together for a summer cruiser and then I will probably tear it back down when it gets cold again. I'll have to hit nathan up for that drop member.

Chops_by_Chase 03-29-2007 10:06 AM

all of the pictures are at full deflate of the bags. that is where I would like to drive it....
on second thought I may just go ahead and do the dropmember and modify the rear so that the pictured height is drive height. Its far enough along to put together, but it is also tore down enough to finish some more fab work.

I think everyone gets in this situation... where do you stop? I could have been driving it months ago if i would have just bagged it, but who wants to stop at that.

lowrollin70gmc 03-29-2007 10:18 AM

It will look awesome no matter where it sits. I hear ya on the drive height, I have the same problem, I look all weird driving, but cool parked.

jimmydean 03-29-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chops_by_Chase (Post 2098918)
all of the pictures are at full deflate of the bags. that is where I would like to drive it....
on second thought I may just go ahead and do the dropmember and modify the rear so that the pictured height is drive height. Its far enough along to put together, but it is also tore down enough to finish some more fab work.

I think everyone gets in this situation... where do you stop? I could have been driving it months ago if i would have just bagged it, but who wants to stop at that.

I "thought" I was done until I started looking at Nate's C4 crap. That's when I stopped what I was doing on it now and started saving. Now it's just a question of getting another frame and built it there, or tear apart my truck and do everything to my existing frame.

98L150 03-29-2007 12:29 PM

Looks good, I would drive it. I wish my 64 was that far along maybe in a few months.

XXL 03-29-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chops_by_Chase (Post 2097853)
do i go lower...dropmember and a larger notch... or should I finish putting it together and drive it... choices choices.

Drop that body on an oil rig frame and put some 48" tires under it! Wait... uh...

Chops_by_Chase 03-29-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXL (Post 2099178)
Drop that body on an oil rig frame and put some 48" tires under it! Wait... uh...

I wish i would have thought of that. 48s on order...Being from Indiana I decided to to go with a combine frame though. I'll post more pics when I get her cutting corn :lol:

Joe67 03-29-2007 03:08 PM

I really like that truck :cool:

Jaredm82 03-29-2007 03:57 PM

Trust me, put it together and drive it for a while at least! If you keep going now the list will never end of what you want to do to the truck and you will loose sight and interest in what you are doing. Take it in moderations and get some pleasure out of driving it the way it is now.

OldCreek 03-29-2007 04:27 PM

Wow! Looks great! Nice big window!

How can you resist driving it around right now!!!

Chops_by_Chase 03-29-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaredm82 (Post 2099375)
Trust me, put it together and drive it for a while at least! If you keep going now the list will never end of what you want to do to the truck and you will loose sight and interest in what you are doing. Take it in moderations and get some pleasure out of driving it the way it is now.

I think if i can get the dropmember i will go ahead and put it in and drive it while i do the rest. that way i am not doing work twice. i saw your truck in your avatar, do you have any pics from inside your bed?

Chops_by_Chase 03-29-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCreek (Post 2099396)
Wow! Looks great! Nice big window!

How can you resist driving it around right now!!!

i just have to get rid of that sliding glass. I also pulled the motor and trans but I have new stuff ready to go in, i just need a couple of free weekends to do it

Big H 03-29-2007 07:07 PM

The fact that you are asking everyone on the board if you should go lower already answers your own question. You mentioned that you wanted to drive at the height the truck is dumped now. Go ahead and cut it the rest of the way now and put a big ol' smile on your face.

Jaredm82 03-30-2007 01:42 AM

pictures of the rear of mytruck in this thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=227641

1LoC10 04-13-2007 09:53 PM

do you have any pics of the tubular rear trailing arm kit installed... only pics on the site are not on a truck