The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2 wrongs don't make a right-Or do they? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=268662)

Crummy 12-02-2007 08:56 AM

2 wrongs don't make a right-Or do they?

Morning short story-I went to bed early last night around 10pm.(I was tired) I was woke up around 1:30am by blaring music. I looked out and it was 2 friends of mine.(obvious they had been up on the mountain) Well, the one driving(Jeep Liberty) thinks dropping the hammer in my gravel driveway is a good idea.(I watched out the window) Leaves a nice loooong set of 4"+ deep ruts in my drive.(drinking makes people do stupid things) Well, here I am at 2am raking my drive back down smooth.(did I mention I was pissed?) Ok, now to this morning, I got up early around 5am(I figure the partiers got layed down by now) So I drive around a little.(had to get the truck nice and warmed up) I back my truck in his yard within 2ft of his front door.(truck has dual glass pack mufflers :)) I rev the motor nice and loud a few times, ease out in the yard and let him have it. Along with the marks in the yard is a nice set of 60'+ long black marks for him to look at every time he goes in and out. Moral of the story-Respect people's stuff

JayG 12-02-2007 09:16 AM

Re: 2 wrongs don't make a right-Or do they?

You GO Crummy! I've always felt "time-about" is fair play.

LONGHAIR 12-02-2007 09:24 AM

These things almost always turn into a game of "I can do better"......and someone gets hurt/arrested, blah, blah, blah.

Cop to it, apologise, try to get the guy to bury the hatchet, before it is you.

Crummy 12-02-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 2469723)
These things almost always turn into a game of "I can do better"......and someone gets hurt/arrested, blah, blah, blah.

Cop to it, apologise, try to get the guy to bury the hatchet, before it is you.

He's an old childhood friend. I'm sure I will get a call later when he gets up and recalls the night's events. I have no problem appoligizing.:hm:

LONGHAIR 12-02-2007 09:39 AM

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that he wasn't a friend, or even that it would get out of control between you.....but that accidents happen (especially when acting foolish) and that the "law" might take offence....
Quote:

a nice set of 60'+ long black marks for him to look at every time he goes in and out.

bowtier 12-02-2007 09:42 AM

Awesome!:metal:

:lol: I could see myself doing the same thing to one or two of my more "immature" friends. Tit-for-tat.:cool:

70cst 12-02-2007 10:28 AM

Wait till your friend gets married....that will likely put a stop to these little pranks. :lol:

JoetheMobster 12-02-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crummy (Post 2469710)
Morning short story-I went to bed early last night around 10pm.(I was tired) I was woke up around 1:30am by blaring music. I looked out and it was 2 friends of mine.(obvious they had been up on the mountain) Well, the one driving(Jeep Liberty) thinks dropping the hammer in my gravel driveway is a good idea.(I watched out the window) Leaves a nice loooong set of 4"+ deep ruts in my drive.(drinking makes people do stupid things) Well, here I am at 2am raking my drive back down smooth.(did I mention I was pissed?) Ok, now to this morning, I got up early around 5am(I figure the partiers got layed down by now) So I drive around a little.(had to get the truck nice and warmed up) I back my truck in his yard within 2ft of his front door.(truck has dual glass pack mufflers :)) I rev the motor nice and loud a few times, ease out in the yard and let him have it. Along with the marks in the yard is a nice set of 60'+ long black marks for him to look at every time he goes in and out. Moral of the story-Respect people's stuff

:metal::metal::metal:

72BlckButy 12-02-2007 01:22 PM

:agree: tit for tat!

Crummy 12-02-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 2469786)
Wait till your friend gets married....that will likely put a stop to these little pranks. :lol:

What do you mean? He's been married twice.

Crummy 12-02-2007 02:03 PM

Got a call from my buddy appoligizing.(didn't get up till noon) I told him "That's ok, I thought you may be pissed at me". His reply was "Why". I said, "You haven't looked outside yet have you?" Just the sound of his voice when he looked was satisfaction enough. He admitted he deserved it and is now swearing off the drink. I may have done a good thing here. He needs to slow down, and my actions were a way for him to see it. Some people have to learn the hard way.:crazy:

old Rusty C10 12-02-2007 02:12 PM

yeah we've got enough lessons of DUI and what it does to people from this very board

entourageguy 12-02-2007 02:20 PM

I've a friend who is a local police officer. His house backs onto the hockey arena parking lot. AT 2 am a kid in a ricer decided it would be fun to do donuts. He recognized the car and since he was on duty at 5am on Saturday he paid a visit to the drives home. The door opened and the parents said he was sleeping. "Well he woke me up at 2 this morning and I'm just returning the favor please get him".

Brian ...:cool:

EAST SIDE LOW LIFE 12-02-2007 02:28 PM

If someone [no less a friend] did that to me I would phone them up to rake my drive way back to the way it was before he got stupid. Then I would have made it quite clear that if he valued our long time friendship he'd better never do this type of thing again. If he refused to do what I requested which is the least he could do to mend what he did, he would have being set straight right there and then to take his attitude and himself as far away from me as possible. Good friends don't do this kind of thing to each other.

Call me stupid once shame on you .... call me stupid twice shame on me!

esll. :)

bad6772 12-02-2007 06:08 PM

id say an eye for an eye whatever the cost.....friend or foe.....just my 0.2.........tony

piecesparts 12-02-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crummy (Post 2470017)
What do you mean? He's been married twice.

So his wives thought he was infantile, also.

My guess he needs a good eye opening moment with you knocking on his door while he is getting lucky.

corn 12-02-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crummy (Post 2469710)
I back my truck in his yard within 2ft of his front door.(truck has dual glass pack mufflers :)) I rev the motor nice and loud a few times, ease out in the yard and let him have it. Along with the marks in the yard is a nice set of 60'+ long black marks for him to look at every time he goes in and out. Moral of the story-Respect people's stuff

You tore up his lawn=Respect people's stuff?

marcuspboldt 12-02-2007 09:36 PM

I think I would of gone to his house at sunup and met him at the door with a cup of coffee and a rake.

then tell him he's gonna need one of these now and the other one when y'all get back to your house!

68C15 12-03-2007 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcuspboldt (Post 2470581)
I think I would of gone to his house at sunup and met him at the door with a cup of coffee and a rake.

then tell him he's gonna need one of these now and the other one when y'all get back to your house!

that sounds like a winner of an idea.:metal:

special-K 12-03-2007 08:32 AM

I agree,revenge is a weakness.Having a fool own up is noble.

Deep thought of the day:
Two wrongs don`t make a right.but...
Three lefts do.

70' GMC 12-03-2007 03:36 PM

while he was messin up the drive way I would have have all 4 tires flat as a pancake that would have broke him big time

Hoods69BadBowTie 12-03-2007 03:42 PM

LOL thats awesome. Glad to hear that you did nt let him get away with it.

Crummy 12-05-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corn (Post 2470418)
You tore up his lawn=Respect people's stuff?

Not really. I am not that crazy. I only spun at the edge where the grass meets the road. I just didn't let up at that point. That's where the black mark came in. You could fix the place in the yard with a small wash bucket of topsoil. No big deal.

Crummy 01-15-2009 12:19 PM

Ok, so I was playin' around with Google maps the other day and was amazed at the views. The pics are recent of this area so here it is. Over a year later and still there. Faded a little but you get the idea.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8...ackmarkld8.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/o...jpg/1/w639.png

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5...ckmark2au7.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/o...jpg/1/w638.png

And here is the 16,000 original mile '96 truck I had at the time that layed that.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/351/96truck1lv9.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9...jpg/1/w640.png