The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Tri-pro automotive (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=276584)

Jamie @ Doug Thorley 01-31-2008 04:12 AM

Tri-pro automotive

Couldn't resist the temptation of getting a hood for my car (an f-word model that shall remain nameless:D). No doubt the quaility carries over throughout the entire product line. It was the 2" all steel, cowl induction.

Here are my findings...

Jon is a very professional guy and his service was great!!!

The hood arrived in a timely matter.

It was packaged well, and survived the trip from NJ unscaved.

The quaility of the piece is like OEM. I have not installed mine yet but I have a friend that also purchased the very same hood and I had the pleasure of helping him with the install and the fit and finish was top notch. I have had experience with fiberglass hoods and can tell you that most times it will cost at least as much as the hood in body work to even get it to look half way decent. This is why I choose steel.

I can post pics if you guys would like.

Thanks Jon!!!!

Jamie

FleetsidePaul 01-31-2008 01:15 PM

Re: Tri-pro automotive

Jon is a great guy, I had the pleasure of meeting him at Brothers.
I have also dealt with him and found Tri Pro to be great to deal with.

JayG 02-01-2008 09:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I won a Tri-Pro cowl hood for my '67 at the Norwood meet! Perfect!
The shop up the street, that painted it for me, said it was the best made aftermarket hood he'd ever seen. Lots of support and bracing. Fit just right! The guy's built a lot of trucks over the years. I have not personally talk to anyone at Tri-Pro, but they gotta be good folks to support our board like they do. Thanks again Tri Pro!!:metal:

Liz 02-01-2008 10:35 AM

Jon is a great guy. Jamie I gotta say this was way cool of you to post.

jb4short 02-01-2008 09:10 PM

Thanks all! We've met some really great people on this board and I know we'll continue to.

Everyone that we have bought parts from or sold parts to have been real stand-up people.

Zumo 02-02-2008 10:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jay, man your truck looks awesome. Now you need to update your avatar.

redneckgirl 02-02-2008 12:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We too purchased a hood from Tri-pro, although we decided to take an afternoon and go pick it up, not have it shipped. EVERYONE was awesome. It was a very, very nice experience, and he even took the time to give us a little tour of his operation. The hood was an awesome fit, and I couldn't be happier. I would HIGHLY recommend Jon & Tri-Pro for any replacement panel they offer.

Attachment 333429

Attachment 333430

pugs 02-03-2008 03:12 PM

I just called and talked to Jon this afternoon and ordered a few repair panels, he had to ck on a few things and had one of his employees called me back in a timely fashion

jb4short 02-03-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugs (Post 2560316)
I just called and talked to Jon this afternoon and ordered a few repair panels, he had to ck on a few things and had one of his employees called me back in a timely fashion

Dale, I hope TJ explained why I didn't call you back myself. My wife called in a panic because we were having an ice storm here around my house (Work is 40 miles south of where I live and it was just raining there) and she lost power and phone. They decided to close her office and she didn't dare drive so I had to go get her.

pugs 02-04-2008 02:19 AM

not a problem, i understand family issues, we all have them just glad it want anything real serious or anyone got hurt. just let me know when the one part gets back in stock, of course its one i really needed but thats life i guess i can start cleaning up on the back section of the frame and get the old 235/trans out awhile. maybe one of these days i can talk to my buddy, who has a 71 lwb he picked up for his shop truck, and we will take a ride out to ck out your shop