The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Member Dealings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   For All Screwed By 72cstc5 (carlos) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=287592)

68 short step 04-14-2008 06:35 AM

For All Screwed By 72cstc5 (carlos)

as most know my 68 short step truck went to get painted. it was dropped off at shop A to get the job done, then unbeknowns to me it went to a diffrent shop (carlos took it there) cause he got fired from shop A. after 8 mounths of his lies of when hes gonna be finished with it, and numerious phone calls and emails (i got no answers from), i finally got ahold of him.. i streight-up asked him when he would have it done, he said April 12. he also said since i wasted my time driving 8 hours (1 way) driveing to him (the first time) he'd deliver it to me in tulsa.. welp he changed his story to meeting me half way in dallas, when i called to confirm the plans on WED april 9. i agreed to meet him in dallas to get the truck...i rented a trailer, drove 4hours one way to dallas, and asked my brother (who took off work) to go with me, we get out there and 12pm rolls around (the desinated pick-up time) and he doesnt show... i call his cell # and get no answer, i call his shop phone and get no answer, so i keep calling both of them for 45min streight till a girl answers and i ask if he was there. she said yes but hes with a customer, can he call you back?, i tell her tell him this is don and i wanna talk to him now. she does and he comes to the phone and starts yelling at me cause i told her to interupt his conversation.. i told him i drive 4hours to meet him and he doesnt even show, hes lied to me numerious times, :blah:..... so bottom line is the day ended with me driveing over 600mi and over 130$ worth of gas, and me calling Houston PD and reporting my truck stollen....
TO ALL THAT HAVE BEEN SCREWED BY HIM, I WILL BE SUIEING HIM AND ILL BE WILLING TO FOOT THE BILL IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN ME IN A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT...

LockDoc 04-14-2008 06:48 AM

Re: For All Screwed By 7cstc5 (carlos)

-
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=260335

LockDoc

Rokcrln 04-14-2008 06:49 AM

Sorry to hear about your trouble but I think I would have driven the rest of the way andf picked up my truck no matter what condition it was in.
Hope you work it all out!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

FRENCHBLUE72 04-14-2008 07:08 AM

IM thinkin that I would have driven the rest of the way also...but then agian maybe I would not have knowing that my anger would be throught the roof by the time I got there and things could have gotten real ugly..possibly? Man I sure hope you get your ride back..

b&a72 04-14-2008 10:20 AM

Man that sucks whay a jacka$$ hopefully you get your truck back soon!

dwcsr 04-14-2008 10:53 AM

whats his address. I can drive by and see if its there and what if anything has been done on it.

LockDoc 04-14-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcsr (Post 2676090)
whats his address. I can drive by and see if its there and what if anything has been done on it.

I would think some of the people that sent cowl panels to him would have it... (In the link I posted above) Sounds like it might be at a shop somewhere though.

LockDoc

ChevyChad 04-14-2008 05:11 PM

If we would have driven all the way, Carlos wanted to charge $8800+ for a truck that is IN PIECES AND NOT FULLY PAINTED! This is above the agreed amount owed for a COMPLETED truck by more than $6000! He has already been paid for the work he has done up to this point, and the rest was to be paid today when we went to pick it up half way. This guy is a straight up crook plain and simple. I hope my brother gets his truck back, and I hope Carlos gets what he deserves! :mad:

71Hulk 04-14-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcsr (Post 2676090)

"CARLOS BERNAIL OF ALL-PRO COLLISON IN DICKINSON TEXAS 4815 FM 646 RD E"

71Hulk 04-14-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyChad (Post 2676269)
If we would have driven all the way, Carlos wanted to charge $8800+ for a truck that is IN PIECES AND NOT FULLY PAINTED! This is above the agreed amount owed for a COMPLETED truck by more than $6000! He has already been paid for the work he has done up to this point, and the rest was to be paid today when we went to pick it up half way. This guy is a straight up crook plain and simple. I hope my brother gets his truck back, and I hope Carlos gets what he deserves! :mad:

:tms::box::metal:....my thoughts exactly!

70C10Step 04-14-2008 05:27 PM

I would be on his door step because at this point I only see this situation getting worse. I would also take the cops just to keep me from making the situation worse.

Rokcrln 04-14-2008 06:43 PM

How do you owe a crook any money? You sent it to shop "A" for a paint job. Go back to that shop and ask for your truck, when they say it is not their call the local PD and have a report made for a stolen vehical. Then I am sure shop "A" will give the new info to shop "B" were your truck will be a "theft recovery"

Kevin
LFD Inc.

larry may 04-14-2008 08:37 PM

Re: For All Screwed By 72cstc5 (carlos)

Need to chime in here. Carlos is not much different than any other restoration shop I have done ANY business with. To include moonlighters from these shops. I learned my lesson also.........

chevychase 04-14-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larry may (Post 2676445)
Need to chime in here. Carlos is not much different than any other restoration shop I have done ANY business with. To include moonlighters from these shops. I learned my lesson also.........

:agree:

70cst 04-14-2008 10:50 PM

Well I can say this...on my truck Curt is doing 100% of the restoration work. This includes engine, tranny, body, and interior work. Curt said figure on 4-6 months for completion and so far he is on target. There are a lot of good shops around but sadly to many bad shops who lack integrity. 68 short step...sorry to hear about all these problems that you are experiencing. I feel very blessed to have a a Guy like Curt doing restoration on my truck.

eightbanger 04-15-2008 12:59 AM

I really hope you can get this thing sorted mate and have your truck returned ASAP, this horror story has made me angry as hell just reading about it, and the crap he has put the other folks through in the link that LocDoc posted...this Carlos bloke needs a good hammering.

killer71 04-15-2008 03:53 AM

if the paint and body shops were like 68 short step, no one would have anything to worry about. He is truly a classy guy and for someone to treat him that way is truly classless. carlos should be ashamed of himself. I will never be able to say how good of a fella don is.

ChevyDude 04-15-2008 04:56 AM

I hate to hear of your troubles. This type of crap happened with my 71' Lil' Red...I had to go in the shop and physically take my truck, I had fears it would end up in Mexico. I hope you get your truck back, good luck!!!!!

my67chevytruck 04-15-2008 09:15 PM

Don,

I am sorry to hear this has happened to you. What is sad, it that other members have there truck with him as well.

68 short step 04-16-2008 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my67chevytruck (Post 2678084)
Don,

I am sorry to hear this has happened to you. What is sad, it that other members have there truck with him as well.

other then randomhero who else?

shovelhead 04-16-2008 12:27 PM

Man, I do feel for you guys. I do have to say that when Carlos ran the body shop for the Chevy dealer in Nederland Texas, he took real good care of me. My 2000 model Chevy truck had significant hurricane damage (big limb across the cab). He fought the insurance guys, did a good repair and had it back to me when promised. I don't know what happened to him since he moved back to the Houston area. I hope he gets his act together. I also wish y'all better luck with your trucks.

Shovel

STP67-72 04-16-2008 03:04 PM

Hey 68 short step
Sorry about your truck. The paint and body work are the worst things about project vehicles. I hear it more and more. I have been there. Done that. I agree with shovelhead about Carlos. It sounds like he took in more than he can get out. He bought the 72 blue and white swb cheyenne from me a couple years ago. Seemed to be ok to me. I know he was supposed to have your truck done for Goodguys last year. (I think it was you). Anyway, if he tells you to come and get it. I will go get it and store it for you. He is about a hour and half away. I have 2 carhaulers and can winch it up if it does not run. I do not think Carlos would give me a hard time, unless he has just done a 180. Let me know if i can help.

STP67-72 04-16-2008 03:06 PM

That goes for Randomhero also. I just remembered him......

BB72CHEVKT 04-16-2008 11:13 PM

SORRY to hear of your situation. I talked to him about doing some work
and decided to pass. I got lucky on this one.

jkaylor68gmc 04-16-2008 11:20 PM

I would recommend you go get the truck asap.