The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   roll pan vs. sport bumper? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=399386)

grayharville 04-26-2010 01:23 AM

roll pan vs. sport bumper?

hey yall, im currently doing all of the bodywork on my 70 lwb, gettin it ready for paint.i would like to run either a roll pan or a chrome sport bumper. opinions? pics? i need help deciding! oh and there is quite a price difference too, i can get a new roll pan for 120 dollars, as for the sport bumper, after i buy everything (liscense plate box/brackets/bolts), its more like 250 dollars. give me some opinions. thanks

GruntMoanCough 04-26-2010 01:59 AM

Re: roll pan vs. sport bumper?

IMO, it depends on what look you're after and what you're doing with the rest of the truck. I prefer the sport bumper myself.

special-K 04-26-2010 08:41 AM

It is a totally different look and the roll pans should be supported by other styling Qs to look right.The difference in cost will swap ends once you (or someone else) tap the slightest thing ever so lightly with the roll pan.A truck definaitely needs to be lowered for roll pans to look right.

ms2335 04-26-2010 08:45 AM

I have had both and I like the bumper the best

colin_havens 04-26-2010 09:57 AM

Im running the sport bumper, and mine lays frame. My only issue is that the tag box seems to hold the rear end up a little from laying out. I havent decided on how to handle the issue either... I think I just need to trim it and relocate the tag further up in the box. Anyone else with this issue?

BarryB 04-26-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin_havens (Post 3941537)
Im running the sport bumper, and mine lays frame. My only issue is that the tag box seems to hold the rear end up a little from laying out. I havent decided on how to handle the issue either... I think I just need to trim it and relocate the tag further up in the box. Anyone else with this issue?

Have you considered having the tag flip up? Like when you have a hidden reciever hitch. you could cut the bracktry off that is hitting, when the tag is down you wouldn't be able to tell it.

OP's question, I'm running a sport bumper, for some reason I don't like the roll pans on these model trucks. but like said, If your gunna run a rollpan, there are other styling q's to consider to pull it off.

special-K 04-26-2010 07:22 PM

Check out my thread about Eddie`s truck rolling by and see a truck with roll pans in motion.

'72customdeluxe 04-26-2010 07:36 PM

bumper, especially if you're not removing the front one. Don't forget the cost to mold in or atleast paint the roll pan. Around here I like having a bumper, crazies be running up into my bed otherwise..

DaddyO 04-26-2010 10:28 PM

My vote is for the bumper.

grayharville 04-26-2010 11:09 PM

bumper would be cool, does anyone have one available for sale? i would love to buy one. thanks