The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   if you had the oppourtunity to buy back a truck you sold... would you? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=441590)

'70_402 01-19-2011 04:19 PM

if you had the oppourtunity to buy back a truck you sold... would you?

for less money than you sold it and in the same condition.... well, would you?

Danny Bost 01-19-2011 04:23 PM

Re: if you had the oppourtunity to buy back a truck you sold... would you?

Depends on the truck, why I sold it, and if the situation is different now than it was then.

Lemield 01-19-2011 04:28 PM

My answer is YES....but the truck was a Dodge diesel....

I did sell the first 70 Chevy truck that I had to my next door neighbor. I then bought it back 2 weeks later when she lost her job.....:)

BB72CHEVKT 01-19-2011 04:32 PM

Yes if I could get it back in the exact same condition. In otherwords if they just stored it for me. It was a 98 GMC I purchased new and had 108k miles but was as clean as the day I bought it. So far I have not sold any 67-72 I wanted back. I have had my short bed for 16 years now.

70shortfleet 01-19-2011 04:42 PM

I sold my 70 Chevy swb to a friend of mine in 1987. I restored a 1971 Cheyenne lwb and traded him the longbed for my old shortbed plus he gave me an extra $500 in 1989 and I still have it today!

Longhorn Man 01-19-2011 06:03 PM

assuming I had the cash, yes yes yes. My old 69 GMC was a turd, but it became an extention of me at one point.

50bomb 01-19-2011 06:04 PM

YES!!!! I miss my 64 chevy c10 swb. I hate myself everyday for that. It was my first vehicle and project my dad and I fixed up. I had it for almost 7 years got it when i was 19yrs old. I traded it for a dumb 63 impala 4 door hardtop. He ended up painted the truck a midnight blue/white top/white interior. He then put it up on craigslist for over $12,000 and dropped price then raised it. What a dumb guy he was. I guess he sold it but not sure how much cause when i called to see if they wanted to trade back the guy said I am a different owner than who you did trades with and that guy wanted $10,00o for it. Makes me mad cause we did all the work just about and they didnt do jack! Sorry old truck if you can read this hahaa.

Critter 01-19-2011 06:10 PM

YES!!!! Assuming it was still in at least usable shape. I sold my first truck, a 68 swb stepside the day I graduated from highschool. I had worked on it since I first drug it out of a guys backyard when I was 15. I have kicked myself everyday since I last saw its tailights leaving my parents house. I have even tried to track it down through the DMV and whatnot but so for I haven't had any luck. :(

magwakeenercew2jh 01-19-2011 06:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yup!

I built the first one for about $26k and sold it for $12k in 2006. That '72 was just a clean driver.

On the money side, the deal was bad enough. But seeing it around and missing it like you-know-what
has made me start another build. I'm just "cresting" the $15k "investment". If I sold it when I'm done,
I'd probably get $10k.

The lesson for me? Don't Sell!

Here's the old '72. Many of you have seen it, since I was proud and have posted pics before. Or, maybe you
saw it in anice "reader's Ride" spread in March of '04 Classic Tricks mag.

The other pic was what I "traded" her for. Damn!!!

RCbowtie69 01-19-2011 08:09 PM

why yes buy it back :metal:

special-K 01-19-2011 08:13 PM

Yes. There isn't a single truck I've owned that I wouldn't want back.

50bomb 01-19-2011 08:17 PM

I hate this thread now worst ever posted! :( :( :( No but on a serious note Like pointed above if you put money into your truck plan to keep it forever. I wont ever sell my truck i have now. I want one more after this a 60-61 chevy c10 and I am done I THINK ;)

70 shorty 01-19-2011 08:23 PM

I guess I'm fortunate enough to not be able to play here. I still have my first and only truck, my 70 short/step. I've had it for 6 years now and don't see it going anywhere any time soon!

60ratrod 01-19-2011 08:25 PM

yes. i sold my 72 gmc back in april 09 because it was starting to fall apart and become unreliable. i sold it to one of my wife's friend's husband cause they needed another vehicle and we needed a bed so we got $300 and a queen size pillow top matress and box spring. about a year later i bought it back from them for $750, which is what i originally paid for it, but it ran worse than when i sold it and the new flexplate that i had put on during the tranny rebuild was trash cause some how they chewed one of the teeth off. well now i got a tpi 350 that's going in place of that 350 just as soon as i get the heads back from the shop and find another intake base.

john@thepier 01-19-2011 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sold a 69 2500 GMC with 30,000 original miles on it a few years ago to someone in Kansas. I bought the truck out of Montana and it was one of the nicest, cleanest trucks I had ever owned at that time (0 rust). 350, 4 speed with factory 456 gears. I sold it because I needed money for another truck and the four speed did not work for me because of my peg left leg. I'd buy that truck back in a heart beat. And put a 4L80E into it. Picture is of it loaded and I was delivering it to the guy. He was really really happy with it, said he was going to restore it. I wondwer if he ever did. John

dan42 01-19-2011 09:47 PM

Yeah, I would - I had two I'd like to have back. My '71 Blazer I traded in for a new '83 Nissan pickup - It had a 350/350 and a lot of hard miles, but it was very dependable and really fun to drive. The other one I sold to my brother's FIL - a cherry 1st series '55. The motor/tranny had never been taken out; I believe it only had around 70,000 miles on it. His wife (he has since passed away) still has it, and it just sits in her garage. If I win the lotto, I'll definitely buy it back - but until then, it's not going anywhere.