The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   WIW (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   72 blazer cst highlander seats (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=504870)

blessedfind 01-22-2012 07:20 PM

72 blazer cst highlander seats

2 Attachment(s)
Just curious what these are worth. Buns are in great shape. No broken springs. Pulled some of the black upholestry off to show the original covers. Only one back and it has been covered with the same black material.

jeffg1010 01-22-2012 09:36 PM

Re: 72 blazer cst highlander seats

Well... I would like to see what is the condition of all of the highlander material. If it wasnt damaged at all and could be cleaned up, then I would say you had something special. But it looks like there could be some damage. (and typically there was a reason they covered it up-unless his wife just hated the orange, haha)

But I would guess they will need to be recovered. I'd say the fronts are worth about $100-150 and the rear is worth about $150-200. The trouble is... unless you can sell them local, you will have a tough time moving them. They are too expensive to ship. I saw them on craigslist a few days ago.

Good luck!

Hey, and by the way... welcome to the site (from Mooresville). Good to see another Charlotte person. We've got a lot of great guys here in the area.

DANTIP 01-22-2012 09:40 PM

I think the fronts are worth $350?

teeitup 01-28-2012 11:45 AM

I agree with Dan fronts are worth $350. Back seats don't sell very well maybe $50, you'll almost get more out the back seat brackets than you will the seat

blessedfind 01-29-2012 07:58 AM

Thanks guys

blessedfind 01-29-2012 08:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is there a big demand for the brackets\armrest brackets? If so how much?

doubleb's69 01-29-2012 11:03 AM

I agree with dantip and teeitup and would even go to $400 for just the front seats.

I'm also interested to see what rear seat brackets bring as I have just the four that run across the back of the rear seat and don't know what to do with them.

leddzepp 01-30-2012 01:01 PM

$400 plus for just the front seats, seeing as they have the brackets and the core foam is intact.

blessedfind 01-30-2012 03:35 PM

What about the rear seat brackets (see pics) someone replied they are worth more than the seat. If so I will trash the rear seat and just keep the brackets. Thanks

jeffg1010 01-30-2012 04:06 PM

I'd go ahead and list them at $350 for the front and $100 for the rear. You can always lower your price.

But I gotta say... I must've been selling at a bad time, which was only a month ago. I had my front seats (same condition- good foam, seat back intact, working brackets, and one of mine didn't even need recovered) listed for a couple weeks at $150 and they didnt sell. And on mine the passenger and the back seat were in GREAT shape. (photos here) Barely even looked like they had been sat in. Even at $150, I figured guys were scared off by the shipping. I ended up parting them out and selling the brackets (in great condition) to one guy and I've hopefully sold the passenger seat upper and lower to another. But, for now the driver seat and passenger seat are still in my garage.
I am not saying they aren't worth 350-500. To a guy who needs them, they are priceless. Including myself... I bought a whole Blazer JUST to get the backseat.

And if the buyer is close enough to pick them up, that changes the whole ballgame. That is reasonable money.

I would rip the rest of that black vinyl off and see what treasure lies beneath. It would be sweet if it were driver quality highlander trim. I may even chase after that. haha.

But, in my case, I just wanted them out of the walkway in my garage. SO the money didnt matter that much.

leddzepp 01-30-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffg1010 (Post 5155805)
I'd go ahead and list them at $350 for the front and $100 for the rear. You can always lower your price.

But I gotta say... I must've been selling at a bad time, which was only a month ago. I had my front seats (same condition- good foam, seat back intact, working brackets, and one of mine didn't even need recovered) listed for a couple weeks at $150 and they didnt sell. And on mine the passenger and the back seat were in GREAT shape. (photos here) Barely even looked like they had been sat in. Even at $150, I figured guys were scared off by the shipping. I ended up parting them out and selling the brackets (in great condition) to one guy and I've hopefully sold the passenger seat upper and lower to another. But, for now the driver seat and passenger seat are still in my garage.
I am not saying they aren't worth 350-500. To a guy who needs them, they are priceless. Including myself... I bought a whole Blazer JUST to get the backseat.

And if the buyer is close enough to pick them up, that changes the whole ballgame. That is reasonable money.

I would rip the rest of that black vinyl off and see what treasure lies beneath. It would be sweet if it were driver quality highlander trim. I may even chase after that. haha.

But, in my case, I just wanted them out of the walkway in my garage. SO the money didnt matter that much.

The seats you have for sale are utility buckets. The sport buckets that he is asking about here are more desireable and bring a lot more money.

jeffg1010 01-30-2012 05:16 PM

OH!!! Ok, shows what I know :metal: Good info. That's why I love this board. Educates me. haha! :lol:

RideSF 04-05-2012 10:53 AM

edited by staff

blessedfind 04-05-2012 11:06 AM

edited by staff

RideSF 04-05-2012 11:19 AM

edited by staff

RideSF 04-05-2012 11:22 AM

edited by staff