The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   '72 C10 SWB Factory AC!- INTERIOR (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=533041)

blondezilla 07-09-2012 01:07 PM

'72 C10 SWB Factory AC!- INTERIOR

Hi y'all~ so I found a really straight '72 C10 SWB, w/ factory a/c- it still blows cold air!!! It was in fully drivable functioning condition when I got it... W/ a 350 V8, and 3 speed auto trans. So far I've picked a 4-spd 700R trans out of a later model van at a local pick-a-part, had it rebuilt, and installed it into my truck. Works like a champ. I added ceramic hugger headers, which created a whole set of new challenges... Had to move the motor back a set of bolt holes in the frame to make it all fit, but the new trans was significantly longer, so rearranging everything like shift linkage and trans fluid fill tube, etc, became challenging. The electrical is gonna be my next challenge.... it's pretty much ready to go, but it needs some cleaning up. The gas tank was a gigantic fuel cell in the back of the bed... They'd cut a hole and done a pretty clean job-on the outside of the bed at least- in creating a fill door and fill tube... Sadly, the fill tube is completely visible and looks crappy inside the bed. I tried to buy a blazer tank to move it to the spare tire spot under the back of the bed, but realized with a simple dry fit that it wasn't even close to being as neat and clean as I want to do it... So I went to CPP in Anaheim and dropped the cash on their gorgeous custom aluminum tank that fits perfectly and even compensates for the existing 2" lower kit. Now my buddy is helping me tweak the remaining adjustments on everything in the engine compartment for proper fit. So gas tank goes in... Then body and paint.
I've always thought white exterior (it's white now), and red interior- I love the stock look stuff... The tooled "leather" bench seat, door panels... Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm open- I'll post fotos of the truck so far tonight.
Thanks~
Girl's Truck
Posted via Mobile Device

67cheby 07-09-2012 01:18 PM

Re: '72 C10 SWB Factory AC!- INTERIOR

we cant wait to see some pictures, welcome to the board !

blondezilla 07-09-2012 09:20 PM

Anyone know if someone makes a stock look passenger side mirror that has contemporary glass in it?? The kind that makes objects look further than they appear... Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

jhaymon 07-09-2012 09:34 PM

you can have one custom cut at any glass shop. and just glue it in.

blondezilla 08-21-2012 08:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
ok.. finally some fotos... pick-a-part for the "new" 700R4... frsh paint and a couple shiny new parts- including new Edelbrock 4 barrel carb and ceramic coated hugger headers... these were a little tricky to make work, but once in.. all good.

blondezilla 08-21-2012 08:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
got her in... had to set the motor back a couple inches... drill a new set of holes in frame, and figure out repositioning of a/c compressor and alternator brackets... thats a new aluminum radiator peeking in there too- then put the new fuel cell in where the spare used to go.

blondezilla 08-21-2012 09:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
a little backwards, but here's how she started... and that gas fill looked good... from the outside... but from the inside... ug. so out she came, and the new cell goes in cleanly.

blondezilla 08-21-2012 09:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
getting my hands a little dirty... it wasn't so pretty when I first pulled it out. But I love my rally's, the beauty rings and center caps. Still wanna change up the interior... back to more stock look, but not sure what colors...

Tinkermc 08-21-2012 09:39 PM

that's a real nice lookin truck you have there, I like your direction

68 Four on the Floor 08-21-2012 10:49 PM

Good looking truck. Have you considered buckets and a console?