The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   LMC or SUMMIT? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=539763)

dropanddrag71 08-24-2012 01:48 PM

LMC or SUMMIT?

First week in Aug mailed 2 orders out the same day.. one to summit, one to LMC..
Paid by check on both orders.... Had my summit order in my hand 5 days later, 3 weeks have passed LMC is still "proccessing my check"...
Geuss who got the order for my new bumpers, brake drums and brake hoses?

67c10rustbuket 08-24-2012 02:08 PM

Re: LMC or SUMMIT?

You Mailed a check? Man I didn't know that was still an option, LMC probably does not know what to do with it. :lol: Okay just havin some fun but Summit is a good company always been very happy with them.

special-K 08-25-2012 02:55 PM

It's customary and standard practice for "anyone" to wait for a check to clear your bank before shipping. It's not "paid for" until it does. I have been mail-ordering for 40 years and that's always been what anyone would expect...and understandably. Money orders are the way to go if you expect your items shipped faster. They are guaranteed funds. I think Summit slipped up. It's not good business practice to ship before a check has cleared. It sounds like it's Summit who didn't know how to handle a check

dropanddrag71 08-25-2012 04:07 PM

Summit's been shipping items immediatly with a check the last 10 years i've been ordering parts.... they didnt slip up, more like trust and great customer service

broey 08-25-2012 05:02 PM

I bought from lmc once, they told me my parts would be there in a week. showed up in three days.

Leinie 08-25-2012 05:59 PM

How many times have you ordered from LMC in the past?
Seems you have a track record with Summit . You must be in their good graces based on your payment record. I'd bet if you ever bounced a check to them, you would have waited. It's great that they take care of a longstanding customer, but--
Don't blame other companies for not being so eager to ship until a check clears. If you want it faster, there are faster ways to pay.

El Campo 08-25-2012 07:52 PM

Summit is a zillion times better of a company than LMC. I have ordered from them literally hundreds of times and have never been disappointed even once with anything they do. There is a reason they are the number one mail order high performance company. Every time I order anything from LMC (even when I pay with a card and money is not an issue) I wait longer and then the parts are almost ALL made in Taiwan, China and last time I returned a part for poor quality (an option on their return slip), they never even refunded my money. Also you could write a check out of an overseas account and it would have cleared before 3 weeks is up! I too have written checks to Summit, no problems. Now I just use Paypal as they ship it the very same day I place the order.

special-K 08-25-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropanddrag71 (Post 5556965)
Summit's been shipping items immediatly with a check the last 10 years i've been ordering parts.... they didnt slip up, more like trust and great customer service

More like stupid. Seriously,I wasn't born yesterday. I wouldn't send you anything till your check cleared. Companies,people,nobody ships anything until they are paid. They aren't paid till your check clears. That's just a fact. Hey,I'm as old school as they come. I deal with the same people for ever as long as they treat me right. Seriously,I could give you a list from plumbers,to upholstery shop,to machinist,and on and on of businesses I have a relationship that goes back more than 30 years. I can have things done,pick up after hours,and pay later or they just bill me. I operate my own business on a hand shake...still. I've never had a PayPal account and I have 100% feedback on Ebay from using money orders. I have never expected anyone to accept a check without first letting it clear for 40 years of ordering. That's why I'm wondering why you even tried ordering anything somewhere else. If they are that loyal to you,why were you not as loyal to them? Not trying to make stink. Just doesn't add up in my old school mind.

dropanddrag71 08-25-2012 09:50 PM

Mailed an order on Tuesday, they recieved it friday(yesterday) I already have a UPS tracing number... doesnt sound stupid to me, sounds more like i'll be installing my new bumper on Tuesday!!! Thats 1 week in turn around time.

low'n slow 08-25-2012 09:58 PM

:)

Sillyoldman 08-25-2012 10:17 PM

The part(s) I'm looking for would determine where I shop and I have. Both retailers have provided very good service to me IMO. I don't think it's fair to suggest that all retailers should match the terms of your relationship with Summit. You have an established history with them. Be patient with new retailers or get a Credit card and avoid all delay.

rsmarr1982 09-08-2012 11:19 PM

i take it for granted that i can walk to summit racing. thats where i get 90% of my stuff.