The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Suspension options for autocross (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=608513)

davidhelgesen 12-18-2013 01:43 PM

Suspension options for autocross

Hi gang,

As the title states im looking at different suspension options for autocrossing a 68-72 c10. I don't own one of these beauties yet but im trying to start putting together a parts list. Im hoping to run a 6.0 liter ls and a 5 speed trans as well.

So far some of the options i've looked at are No Limit Engineering, Hotchkis and a Porterbuilt coilover system. I wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think is the best handling system. This truck isn't going to be exclusively a track vehicle so daily driving needs to factor in as well.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

tinydb84 12-18-2013 02:29 PM

Re: Suspension options for autocross

If I was going autocross I would look at No Limits wide ride set up.

ulakovic22 12-18-2013 03:14 PM

No Limit or Roadster Shop. I'm looking at No Limit rear rail kit and Wide Ride IFS with Ridetech components.

68Stepbed 12-19-2013 08:12 AM

I personally like everything about the Porterbuilt system, but I don't personally know of anyone that autocrosses them yet.

NoLimit's wide ride system is tested and proven by having several trucks with their components finishing in top spots in both GoodGuys and at OUSCI.

Hotchkis also makes a great product with lots of engineering, but still uses the stock front crossmember and stock steering linkage setup.

I'm wanting to upgrade in the future, and as of now, I'd probably go with a NoLimit front and porterbuilt coilover rear setup.

DaHos 12-19-2013 08:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Stepbed (Post 6425430)
I personally like everything about the Porterbuilt system, but I don't personally know of anyone that autocrosses them yet.

NoLimit's wide ride system is tested and proven by having several trucks with their components finishing in top spots in both GoodGuys and at OUSCI.

Hotchkis also makes a great product with lots of engineering, but still uses the stock front crossmember and stock steering linkage setup.

I'm wanting to upgrade in the future, and as of now, I'd probably go with a NoLimit front and porterbuilt coilover rear setup.

Same here, been drooling over the Porterbuilt coil over setup for awhile now but have yet to see/read any real world experiences with it........Others listed above have been proven.

N2TRUX 12-19-2013 01:09 PM

I suggest you contact any of the manufacturers your considering. They are going to be able to best offer the real information you need. We can make suggestions based on our knowledge, but cant compare to the actual manufacturers experience.

PBFAB.COM 12-19-2013 02:19 PM

There's several options out there nowadays, and several have been listed above. I am obviously going to be a little bias to our own products... but if I were narrowing it down my choices would between Porterbuilt and No Limit.

Do some research on the products offered and companies producing them. Search the web and make a couple phone calls. Then make the best decision that suits you and your project goals based on the information you gathered.

In regards to track proven.... Curt at Hills Rod and Custom has our front system on his Blazer... it does alright! :ito:

Nate

CHRIS67GMC 12-20-2013 01:14 PM

No-limit all the way its proven and we have the ability to run a 315 front tire. And its on sale till the end of the year. Pm me for pricing.

davidhelgesen 12-26-2013 08:41 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. Its much appreciated. I'll for sure do some more research.

eldogg 12-27-2013 10:09 AM

Don't forget that Detroit Speed makes a 2x4 version of the suspension that wins almost every autocross. http://www.detroitspeed.com/X-Gen-Pr...X-gen-595.html

mwilliams5891 01-14-2014 03:35 AM

Both those options look great! So is the wide ride a bolt in? And are they both price with brake set ups? Just trying to decided between the two. Hard wen they both seem so great!

CHRIS67GMC 01-14-2014 09:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Both those options look great! So is the wide ride a bolt in? And are they both price with brake set ups? Just trying to decided between the two. Hard wen they both seem so great!
The No-Limit Wide Ride is bolt in. It comes with brakes and options to upgrade the brakes to Wilwood's bigger kits. Me, Rob and Josh have had great success Auto crossing an Road Racing this set-up and it rides Great.
Pm me for Pricing

Attachment 1199854

Attachment 1199855