The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I Don't Know Jack(s) ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=845049)

Ironhorse 06-06-2023 05:32 PM

I Don't Know Jack(s) ?

Have owned several of these 67-72 trucks (all 1/2tons) thru the years, one '71 Blazer but none were Suburbans or 3/4 tons. Never have really known, was there a specific jack for the 1/2 ton, the 3/4 tons, the 4WDs and so on or were their various jack vendors supplying GM, both Chevrolet & GMC, with a different jack depending on the factory build location? Have three jacks that have been sitting around for some time, no markings on them that I can find. Have not cranked them all from lowest to the highest setting but all use the folding style jack handle. Did other truck corporations such as Ford, Dodge, IH and such use the same jack vendors? Anyone who can help me know jack(s)? LOL. :chevy:

MJN 06-07-2023 12:30 PM

Re: I Don't Know Jack(s) ?

1 Attachment(s)
While this doesn't answer the question about how many or which suppliers there were for the jack, it shows there were four different part numbers of jacks depending on the application, even the stowage springs were different.

Ironhorse 06-07-2023 08:27 PM

MJN, thanks for posting that. Guess I need to rung the jacks from bottomed out to full extension and get the measurements for them. Perhaps that might tell me what they are? All need a bit of cleaning but seem to work.

Steeveedee 06-07-2023 10:27 PM

Speaking of jacks, I bought a motorhome recently, and noticed that it didn't have a jack. The salesman told me that those motorhomes have dual rear tires so that AAA or whoever can come out and swap tires, and the old man (that would be me) wouldn't die while trying to change out a flat tire. I laughed, but I was dying inside, because he was right. :(

special-K 06-09-2023 08:12 AM

This is a good thread for getting the info straight on Jacks. I don't know how to tell one from the other. I've only know what came with the truck and at this point in time that wouldn't have to be the original.

I know two Jacks, but neither's name is Jack. My friend Chuck has a shop called Jack of Arts and the other friend, Pat, is Jack's 4x4 on this site. so I guess I don't actually know Jack, but I know Chuck and Pat. It's funny when I go to shows with Chuck. Everyone knows him through his shop and guys who think they know him well call him Jack :lol:

slikside 06-11-2023 01:14 PM

That's jacked up!:lol: