View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 11:06 PM   #1
OG lil E

Question Airbaggers! Share your Knowledge Please!

I've been driving my '79 Chevy around town for the last few weeks and it is great! But, I have come to the conclusion that if I plan on driving it on these terrible Denver streets I'm going to have to install airbags. I had planned to put them in the rear all along, but now I've decided to put them in the front as well. My front A-arms are just a few inches off the ground and I'm hitting on everything! I've had lowered vehicles before, but the truck's suspension really rides low and drags alot, way more than other cars I've had. I've read stories on here in the past about guys destroying A-arms on big bumps and dips, and I think I'm going to get bagged before it happens to me.

I've installed hydraulics before, but I want the ride that airbags give. Also, cleaning up hydraulic leaks gets to be a drag after awhile. I've been reading about installs in magazines, but most of the articles are pretty vague. Does anybody know of any good articles in magazines with install stories with lots of pictures and helpful tips? Also, what do I need to look out for? What problems did you have? Who is the best company to buy from? How many valves do I need for a front and back set up--no side to side? What size airline is the best to run? Sorry about all the questions, but I want to do alot of research and then get the bags installed without alot of re-working and part upgrade purchases. Thanks for any help--I appreciate it! Layta......E
OG lil E is offline   Reply With Quote