View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 12:19 AM   #3
BaggedC10
Under construction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG lil E
Also, what do I need to look out for? What problems did you have? Who is the best company to buy from? How many valves do I need for a front and back set up--no side to side? What size airline is the best to run?

1. Look out for Chassis Tech/AIM Industries products. Never purchase from this company.....!!!

2. I've had zero problems w/ my truck but I have only driven it 200-miles since owning it. Assuming the installation is done right, the suspension should provide many years of trouble-free service. Make sure the air springs don't make contact w/ anything, the air line is not prone to chaifing, and all fittings are secure/taped.

3. www.***************** and www.RideTech.com

3. Technically, you only NEED 4-valves but air transfer from side-to-side will cause the truck to handle poorly. I wouldn't think twice about installing a 4-way setup! The adjustment and handling advantage is worth every penny.

4. Air line and valve size depends on what you desire of your compressor system. Personally, I think anything less than 1/2" is too slow. I don't hit the switches very often or care about speed but I wouldn't want a slower system. My setup is very controllable and user friendly.

Personally, here's what I would do:

Front suspension:

SD.com upper plates.

Firestone 224c or Slam Specialties RS72 air springs.

ART upper and lower tubular control arms.

Belltech or DJM 3" spindles.

If you want to retain the factory control arms, purchase lower cups from SD.com!

Rear Suspension:

ART parallel 4-link w/ F9000's located behind the axle.

SD.com or custom 8" step notch.

Or

KP Components 4-link w/ cantilever attatchment. 100% bolt-on and it includes everything you need, including a frame notch.

Compressor system:

Piece together your own system using two Viar 400 compressors, two 5-gallon air tanks, 8 SMC valves, and DOT approved air line/fittings.

Or you could purchase the ARC4800 BIGRed Max compressor system from ART.

Last edited by BaggedC10; 11-16-2004 at 12:29 AM.
BaggedC10 is offline   Reply With Quote