View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 11:27 AM   #23
HarleyWrench

Snap-On tools are very good tools, especially for someone who uses them every day and makes a living with them (I'm a Harley Mechanic). However, I see Snap-On kind of like designer jeans, expensive and not entirely necessary, especially for someone who just turns wrench as a hobby in their garage. I like Craftsman stuff because it too has a lifetime warranty (Yeah, I have to go to Sears as opposed to the snapon guy coming to me, but the price difference is worth it.), and the only Craftsman ratchet I've had give out on me was one I had a 6 foot length of cheater pipe on (a bad habit I learned growing up on a ranch), and they took that back and gave me a new one. I've never had a Craftsman ratchet let me down (with the exeption of when I was doing dumb stuff, see above), so either you guys got a bad bunch of tools, or you're not doin' it right!

I'd say craftsman as my first choice (I have Snap-On tools I got at the tech school I went to, but I won't buy any more), Stanley's are OK, but not the greatest, Husky is pretty decent. Just stay FAR AWAY from any tool that has CHINA printed on it in big letters, those are known as Snap-On from Taiwan, and not worth buying.
HarleyWrench is offline   Reply With Quote