View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 12:56 AM   #4
slamd58
<- Determination Pays Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie
I would like to know about your chassis. Is it a stock frame with a front clip welded in ? and if so, what type of clip is in it. I would love to know how you achieved that stance. It's the exact one I want for the wifes 58 GMC short fleetside. This has to be the nicest 58/59 fleetside I have ever seen

Thanks for the compliments. I made the truck to damn nice, I am afraid to drive it now! Although it is quite fun to drive because it attracts attention wherever it goes.

It is the original frame. I boxed the frame all the way back and "C" the rear end. I have reverse arch springs in the rear and the front is clip out of a Volare. The Volare clip offers torsion bars so you can raise it an lower it to your liking. Fat man Products is now making a 2.5" dropped front spindle for the Volares, therefore you can crank the tension in the torsion bar back up so that you have a very nice ride. Prior to the dropped spindles, I lowered the tension on the torsion bars to get the height I wanted. However, with less tension the front end bottomed out, even after I cut the bump stops. Now it rides awesome.
slamd58 is offline   Reply With Quote