View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #9
audioholic

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies, and the compliments on the chevelle. She's my first love.

Okay here's the deal on the bigblock truck. Im here in cali, my buddy lives in the midwest, he's a bodyman and mechanic (of 40+ years). He knows a guy that has a blazer ha says he's known since the guy bought it new. I talked to him (my buddy) this morning and asked about the 'factory bigblock'... he informed me it was a 1969 (I had been thinking it was a 72.. which is why I assumed the bigblock would be a 454) and said they made bigblock blazers in '69. *shrug* That's what Im being told, and Steve (my buddy) has been around bigblocks and trucks since before I was born, so I trust him pretty highly. I sent my father over this weekend to check these trucks out, he'll be getting to the bottom of the mystery, and hopefully working a deal for one or both of the truck (the 2WD also).

If anyone has any light to shed on this subject, please feel free to let me know. I hope the truck truely is a factory bigblock truck, but frankly if its not, I have a spare bigblock or two laying around to drop in one. But yeah it would be cool to get my hands on a true factory bigblock truck (if they really exist).. sounds like it would be a pretty rare truck.

edit: after looking at bouncytruck's link, it says no bigblocks in 69 either.... hmmm. I really trust this guy, and he knows his stuff (he amazes me on a regular basis on the stuff he knows about old cars and trucks). Maybe there was a COPO deal to put bigblocks in blazers in 69, like there was for the chevelle and camaro...?

Last edited by audioholic; 04-02-2005 at 06:07 PM.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote