View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #81
see ten
WTB this ad

If you want air put it on! As far as holes being put in the dash being something that can't be undone, thats a little out there. Look at this board at the pictures of trucks that looked like swiss cheese or a twisted up piece of scrap that have been brought back to like new condition. A couple holes in the dash for A/C vents would be nothing if someone wanted to reverse your modification later. Do you really want to put a small fortune in this truck to let it sit on those days when it's hot and humid? I live in Georgia I know how it is in the south. Build your truck for you not anyone else! I do agree that you have a rare truck and I would by no means hack it up. We are talking about A/C not chopping the top or body drop or Pro streeting it. If you ever tried to sell it do you think anyone would really go " if only it didn't have air"? I added air to my 72K10 and I love it. It's a low mileage truck painted in the original colors, factory motor, lift kit, blacked out windows and a few other hidden odds and ends. My 72C10 I bought from a man who had owned it 27 years. He said he could have sold it 2 dozen times if it HAD air on it. I added A/C blacked out the windows and it will be lowered soon. Build your truck the way you want! My advice would be,no matter what you do is to be happy with it yourself, to heck with everyone else. I would personaly rather drive one that looks like yours does NOW with cold air than a fully restored one with no A/C. GOOD LUCK on your project, and by the way don't price it if you don't want to sell it.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote