View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 11:41 AM   #36
mastercraftkpk

The P.T. Barnum Principle..case in point

This discussion is a prime example of the factors that influence the used vehicle (collector cat. or not) market.

There is a concept that states "Money talks and bull@%#^ walks." (another concept that you do not need to actually own a farm to understand)

The only persons that matter re: this particular vehicle are those that are ACTUALLY and materially involved. In other words, those that are willing to put their money where their respective mouths are. Everything else, my comments included, is all gadfly conversation.

It would be great if this truck sells for much more than I (who again, am the only one that has actually put my own eyes on it so far) think it is worth. If someone buys into the IMO erroneous principle that vehicles are an "investment", catches Blazer fever, and buys it...I wish him all the happiness that paying over market value (this market is in Lousiana...45 minutes from me) can offer an enthusiast.

If any of the members of this board are interested in this truck, I would strongly recommend that they actually put their own eyes on it before they do anything.

If it does go for a bunch of money, I am more interested in who buys it. Even though buyers like that are born every minute, it is hard to locate them when you need them. Although there is always a high concentration of them annually at the BJ auction in Arizona.

Yes, I know that "BJ" has multiple meanings. In this case I think that it is appropriate

If anyone is certain that they can flip this truck and make a bunch of $$$, I will put my $$$ where my mouth is and finance the deal. I will require collateral, but if it's such a sure thing there should be no reservation in putting one's home or other real property at risk.

They are not "insurgents"...they're vermin, cowards, and terrorists.

Egon..." I think that they are more interested in my epipedimus."
mastercraftkpk is offline   Reply With Quote