View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 10:59 PM   #57
valleycustom

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehightoyz
valleycustom, just reiderating what everyone else has said, simply incredible work!!! im very curious as to your background, it seems building a frame like this would take a tremendous amount of knowledge or experience in engineering. id like to be able to build something like this one day, but just dont have enough knowledge or confidence to attempt it.
Well durning the day I'm a system administrator for a ambulance company. So I use this to burn off steam. I've been working on cars for over 12 years now and I'm only 26. I couldn't afford to pay other people to fix my cars so I started to do it myself. Then I bought some books and learned to weld and it just went from there. I know some people that have been doing this for years so I just watched and learned. The most important thing is to measure ,measure and measure some more. Being off more than 1/8" will turn everything into a nightmare. "I learned that building a frame on jackstands doesn't work". This is the third version of this frame. You can see the picture on the first page. That was the first version. I finally built a frame table that made my life eaiser. Really once you learn to setup the front end geometry and the rear end geometry it's cake from there.

Last edited by valleycustom; 09-16-2005 at 11:01 PM.
valleycustom is offline   Reply With Quote