View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 10:45 PM   #8
masterbeavis
Having issues

Hey, im all for doing what you gotta do to stay alive (so to speak) When board get big, the easy going days dissapear quick. Since coming here, I find the consensus of info to be pretty darned helpfull, and I appreciate having this site as a reference for my wrenching activities. Muchas Gracias!

Im kinda bummed about the decision to make the classifieds vendor/member, but one bad apple ruins it for everybody else. I dont think it is the mods responsibility to be drug into every kind of bad dealings. Unfortunatley, the mods are the only ones who have the power to try and make things right. Heh, I know, why not bring in some sort of escrow service so that nobody gets burned as easily, and will overall make the selling/buying experience more safe (I think it would be a pain in the rear actually, but what can you do to weed out the crooks, and allow everyone to sell stuff?)

Albeit annoying, I feel that maybe one person might actually learn from the rules if they were to read them before they could log in. Better yet, make em read them each time they try to make a post. I know I am not perfect, a mandatory refresher would remind me how things are supposed to be. One idea to go with this, add in a time delay, or some similar thing like that. It would make it so they have to ignore and be annoyed longer before they could get in. If they break a rule, they dont have an excuse, and cant claim ignorance because they had plenty of time to read the rules(maybe even give them a multiple choice quiz on the biggies at login??) How bout adding the checkbox of "I agree.... yada yada yada, violation will result in immediate yada yada yada?? Might make people think for more than a second?

Once again, we all appreciate your, and the other mods hard work, and hope the new changes you make will make everyones experience here better.

Thanks again. :thumb:

The Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."
masterbeavis is offline   Reply With Quote