View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 03:23 PM   #47
rauto13
saving one more

Josh,

I am very sorry to hear about your mother, went through the same with my sister and aunt. I know how hard it is to watch someone that close suffering. I just wanted to let you know that many people support you (after reading this thread), and that I wish that I could help someway with the pain of having to have a close family member being ill. All my best to you and your family.

Also, I am new here with less that 10 posts, but I agree with everyone and absolutely support you and all the mods in enforcing the rules. If someone does not play by the rules anywhere, there are consequences. Try breaking the speed limit in front of a cop, or being a non-paying bidder on Ebay, there are consequences to every choice in life. If I mess up and put something inappropriate here I expect to receive whatever the mods feel appropriate, this is a great site and I would hate to see it desecrated by a few inconsiderate individuals.

I will be sending my subscription shortly. The wealth of information I have received here is worth $25/month, much less $25/year. I would support a mandatory subscription fee. Possibly $5/month or $25/year, there are many sites that have mandatory fees. The amount of money I could save with one answer would pay for this fee. The amount of money this site could save me over a year is so much more than the cost of the subscription.

And to anyone that says the cost is too high for a subscription, my truck gets 10 miles per gallon, has a 19 gallon tank and gas is about $3.00/gallon for Super. It costs me about $55.00-$60.00 dollars to fill up my truck when empty, I can drive approx 190 miles on one tank of gas. One night on the town, dinner, movie, coffee afterwards costs roughly $100.00, I don't drink, but one night at a bar would also easily pay for a year's subscription. I try to think about how much I am willing to spend for my own enjoyment for one night versuses how much I could save here in a year.

Sorry for the long post, but I think Josh has enough on his plate to have to play Mommy and/or judge and jury to a few non-thinking people.
driver - 96 GMC X-cab
rauto13 is offline   Reply With Quote