View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:34 PM   #15
budbeater

Re: Disk Swap on an Eaton HO52

Step Twelve: Installing the Axles

Retrieve your previously stored axles. Make sure they are still clean. Make sure the gasket surface on the inside of the axle is clean. You could install new steel shim gaskets or clean and reuse the old ones. Carefully slide the axles in and make sure they are seated all the way. Make sure the 8 bolt holts are aligned with the holes in the hub and make sure the axle is centered. Install the 8 bolts and torque them in sequence to 75ft/lbs.

Step Thirteen: Installing the calipers

There are right and left side calipers. The calipers should be installed with the bleeder screws facing up. (Test fit alert: if you are using the calipers with the E-brake provision make sure that the slots/openings in the E-brake lever are wide enough so that the E-brake cable can be slid in. I had to remove mine and widen the slots with a Dremel tool. I don't think this can be done while on the truck so test it first so you only have to put it together once.) Use the supplied silicon lube on the mounting bolts, slide the caliper over the rotor, center it in the mounting bracket, and install the bolts.
Attached Images

Last edited by budbeater; 12-22-2005 at 11:38 PM.
budbeater is offline   Reply With Quote