View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #122
bshelton

Re: Custom Chassis with canti setup

fastbagged68 brother,
The chasis has a c-notch kit from jegs modified alot, front is pro-fab bag setup using the stock a-arms, all hand built by VC. No body drop, just new body bushings and hardware. wheels were 17X7 front 17X8 rear with standard offset. One mistake I made was that the rear end is 9", it really is 8" from a Granada; the thing about the 8" is its really narrow so you can tuck everything pretty easily in the back. The tires 255/55/17 and 245/55/17..I think..sold the car to build a c-10 truck.

For advice on your friends nomad:
the kid from Valley Customs built this suspension, motor mounts, tranny mount-(tucked, he should manufacter these), entire floor hump redone so you could drive it on the ground as hard as you want without the driveline hitting the bottom of the floor, a cool pro fab sheetmetal floorpanel to match the C notch..... all 3 years ago. This means he was 13. Bottom line, he is a Badass fabricator and his dad is an engineer, so its genetics + skill. I say see him for advice/insight on any project. Bill S Modesto CA-

Last edited by bshelton; 01-06-2006 at 09:19 PM.
bshelton is offline   Reply With Quote