View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #88
Rokcrln

Re: Project Penicillin~ 68 crewcab build up!

Well today the fun has started with finishing the fourth door. First thing that I am doing is addressing the body line/shape at the front of the fourth door. Since this is a reular cab front door the body shape is slightly different that the drivers door. When looking at your trucks it is hard to tell but the door shape is not the same from front to back. So what I am doing is removing the rear of a passinger door jamb area and grafting the skin support on to the hinge area of this door. Next I am restructuring the hinge supports inside the door. Tha factory did a good job of adding reinforcement to the hinge side of the door. Because I am changing the door shape and I lowered the top hinge I had to cut into alot of the support. So now inorder to fix it all I have to add metal back where I removed it as well as reconect to the new door skin support. In doing this you need to tack all of your fupports and re-hang the door to make sure nothing moved on you before welding everything in place. Also while I had the door hung I decided to remove all the built up paint so I can start reworking the body like to match the front door. In doing so I found a few bondo spots that I will need to addres before starting the body line work. Looks like the door was side swipped just a bit and instead of fixing the correct way they just filled it all in with bondo. Well this is were things are at this time, I will post some more tonight after I finish up for the day. Now it's lunch time

Kevin
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote