View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 09:46 PM   #206
Rokcrln

Re: Project Penicillin~ 68 crewcab build up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetoncrewcab
Been awhile since we had an update. Any new progress?
Mike
OK OK OK!!! I got back on it today and had some real good progress. I do this as a side job and for the last few weks I have been working all kinds of hours at my day job trying to get the Oakland Int. Airport expansion project finished up and now that it is I have some time to play again!

I had to create a door pillar gap at the 4th door front edge and here is what I did for the upper gap. First I marked out what I wanted for a nice gap and then I had to cut down the door to create the space. I cut the leading edge of the window rail and in doing so I exposed the three layers of metal that make this area up. So what I had to do was cut the gap about 1/16" larger than I wanted and then stitch it back up. That is the easy part, the hard part is then grinding the welded edge to a perfect straite edge because you can not use body filler in this area. Once I had it with in a bout 1/16" I turned to a hand file for the fine tunning. This is alot of work but if you want it to look correct than you just have to do it.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote