View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #207
Rokcrln

Re: Project Penicillin~ 68 crewcab build up!

Now the lower part of the door where it meets the front door had to be seamed in order to finish it off. When I built the door I ended up with a single layer of metal along the front edge. This single layer needs to be made stronger and fine tuned to create a nice gap. This was alot easier then the top edge because I did not need to worry about the over lap of metals. What I did added a wire edge to get everything how I wanted it. You start with TIG welding rod as your filler and tack it in place along the inside edge of the door to add strength and you can also adjust the wire in and out to get your gap how you want it. I started at the bottom of the door and started tacking it and bending it as I went up the door edge. Once you get it tacked then go back and start welding it all in solid by doing several passes with tack welds untill it is all linked. Then start grinding the edge down untill it is close to where it needs to be then pull out the long file and finish it up by hand to fine tune the edge. The last part I had to do was finish off the B pilar bottom between the two doors with a small cap. Now that this is done I think I am finished with the drivers side and will start the passenger side this week.

Kevin
LFD inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote