View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #14
Green Monster

Re: $459 for rear CST side panels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71RestoRod
Don't know how bad you want the original look, but if you have an old panel to use as a pattern it's not tough to make your own. I used automotive panel board and, using a spray adhesive, covered it with a thin layer of foam and then vinyl. A local upholstery shop had several types of black vinyl including the walrus grain which matched the seats perfectly. All told, the materials were well under $100.

Resto Rod:
Your interior looks great. I love the seats and carpet. The smooth panels work with your theme since you got rid of the scroll pattern. I'm kinda nuts about having things look original... it's an illness, I swear. Since I know the scroll pattern CST covers exist and are suppossed to be, I have to have them. Yours look really nice though.

What type of backing did you get on your carpet? Latex (soft) or Poly (stiff)? Just curious because I purchased the molded poly backing carpet set with some extra material in latex so I could wrap my speaker boxes under my seats. I'm starting to think I should have purchased all latex backed carpet, it seems to be easier to work with and I could get the carpet to conform to the floor better.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote