View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #7
shifty
Questionable

Re: 2005 Dodge/Infinity sound system upgrade????

yes, they exist. Metra is a major manufacturer. you can get the setup at any Best Buy or similar or just go to www.crutchfield.com and buy one there.

be sure to use PROPER crimpers to crimp your wires. DO NOT just twist the wires together and electrical tape and/or wire nut the wires together. for primo connection, use solder and shrink wrap.

stereo installations like this ARE plug and play if you buy the right parts. if you want to be ghetto, then hack the factory harness and have fun trying to figure out what goes to what - but i don't recommend it.

if you buy a kit from crutchfield, it should come with the wiring harness, you can possibly get the plastic casing to hold the radio in the dash (which is probably required) and they might give you removal tools to take out the old factory radio (if necessary).

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote