View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Try again Custom Campers pics please I'll start

WOW! Thanks for the compliments.Especially yours,Andy.I think I fool the young girls,too.Either that,or they just like old guys.I guess I`m what you call young at heart.I think driving these trucks all these years actually slows the aging process.A kind of time warp or something,ya think?
Soonffish,that is correct.The "custom" is the same part and "camper" is just added.I think on mine it even had the nameplate listed on the VIN-spec sheet.On my`72 CheyenneSuper it`s not listed and it has the script on the door.Pretty much the same truck except 4wd and a Super.
This is a nice collection so far.Andy`s right,there`s not alot that makes these trucks different equipmentwise.But,usually there were other good options added because they were leisure trucks.I`ve always had a thing for them because I like the "trucky" heavy-duty stuff anyway.AND,these tend to be great survivors if they were prettymuch just used for RVing.It`s not unusual to find them,still,with 70 or so thousand miles on them after 30 some years.
Here`s my two`72 K/20s.The blue & white CustomDeluxe Highlander CustomCamper.And,the red/orange & white CheyenneSuper CustomCamper(I replaced the grille,now):

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote