View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 11:58 PM   #63
PBFAB.COM

Re: Dropmember in a 69 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70
porterbuilt, I have a few questions that I don't think have been answered yet.

1) What needs to be modified on the stock lower control arms? If my wife lets me spend the money to get this, she definately won't let me spring for tubular arms at the same time.

2) Do the engine mounts come with it or are they extra?

3) What needs to be done to the tranny x-member? Just raising it and moving it forward?

Thanks
1) The stock lower control arms will contact the dropmember's lower control arm shaft mounting block at the edges when dumped. The stock lower control arms will need to be trimmed a little to avoid contact. Also, a mounting plate for the air spring will need to be attached (I will be able to supply this for a little extra). I will post up a pic of this the beginning of next week.

2) The engine mounts WILL be part of the kit (I don't have any made yet for a traditional small block). All the installs I have currently done are for the GenIII motors (LS1). I will be installing another dropmember in a 69 this month, and it will be running a 350/400 combo. I will use the mounts from this install as a pattern for the kit.

3) The trans crossmember moves up and forward. I am sure the original can be modified. I will also be offering a tubular one with the kit at an additional charge.
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote