View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #11
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: Non-a/c to a/c conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanw1968
see ten,

You're truck is very nice. Very clean. I love the interior. That is what is most lacking on mine. Did you get the truck in this condition or have to do a lot of stuff to it?
Thanks man. We found this truck about 5 hrs from home. The man had it for sale and wanted a couple grand more than was in my budget. I really wanted it due to he had owned it for 27 years and it had been garage kept for the last 20. He wouldn't take what I had to spend so I kept saving my $ and shopping around for something I could afford. Well after about 9 months I had the amount he wanted so I called him back. Somehow he remembered talking to me previously and told me if I still wanted it to come get it at my original offer! The truck had an older repaint on it but it was pretty nice, the interior was OK but needed some TLC. I ended up recovering the seat, I covered up what looked like new carpet with a rubber mat. I put in a new dashpad instrument bezel and lens. Of course I had to install the Vintage Air system as well. I had all the glass removed and the white parts were repainted. When it went back together everything got new rubber seals. Under the hood looked like dammit compared to the rest of the truck when I got it. We did a lot of cleaning but there is still room for improvement. I added some odds and ends under there for reliability and to give it some more grunt. We also lowered it a little to get it where we wanted it. So to answer your question........It wasn't exactly in this condition, but it was far from being a dog. So I guess, Yes, I have done a lot to it.

Then....

Now....

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote