View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #29
byrd
Union Electrician

Re: My build up thread 67 small window short/fleet

OK , finally made some head way..... Got a set of replacement spring perches from Burnsman(thanks again Brian ) and got the rivets popped out,cleaned up and two part rust converted. Got 1/2"x1" long Stainless grade 8 bolts with stainless flat washers and stainless fiber locks nuts. Drilled the perches and the frame out to accomodate the larger bolts and bolted the perches on. Then got the rest of the frame wiped down with pre clean and shot the Eastwoods rust encapsulator on the bottom and part of the sides of the frame I didn't get when I painted the other side. Then on to painting the same parts of the frame and shoved it back into the garage to dry for a day or two and then hopefully will have the rolling chassis close to being together by th end of next weekend. The frame looks pretty good,eventhough you can see brush marks from where I brushed the two part converter on.Notice my wheel dolly rollers rolls around great and high up enough to paint, fairly comfortably. The trusty cherry picker and a shart tow strap has been used to move the frame to the floor from the table stands I had it on and also to flip the frame over once it's dry to start assembling the suspension. Here are a couple of pics.. the last two showing the before and after shots of the bad spot in the frame on the DS that was repaired.
Attached Images

Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote