View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #32
Joe67
67 is sold

Re: Post Your Ride 99+ Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72freak View Post
I have actually heard that from a few folks....I am not sure what the deal was with the 25 or so I have ridden in or that were owned by my friends. Here in the South East we may just be getting all the junk!?!?!?! I am not sure. I thought it might be gearing....wasnt that...thought it might be tire size...wasnt that. Every 5.3 I have come in contact with in any trans/rear combination got worse gas mileage than any stock 5.7 and none could pulll a trailer on the highway without an overdrive issue. Now most of the people I know that own them are pleased as a commuter vehicle but none have much good to say when hooking a trailer to it and I shouldnt have to buy a 6.0 to haul with and get 10MPG. Like i said.....why have two engines when the 5.7 did the job of both????? I guess its like, why offer a 283, 307 and a 350 all at the same time?
I have a few mods (see above) on my 5.3l and a heavy foot. I get 17 MPG on the highway and about 16 or so with mixed driving. Not bad considering what I have and how I drive it

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote