View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #76
texascowboy593

Re: Project "Tracy Lee" 59 Apache

OK, Heres the progress report:

The old gas filler hole is now filled/smoothed.
I ran and bent the fuel line properly.
I had to move the Blazer tank down about 1 inch so the neck could fit under the bed.
I also tried to get the bottom of the driver side door in better shape.

Before everyone goes crazy... I am trying an experiment in this semi-controlled environment of a shop: I am trying the "JB Weld Industrial Strength" method for repairs etc. I have used it on the bottom of the door to hopefully re-form the door to where it needs to be. I cut out a piece of metal to fit into the fuel filler hole and "JB'd" it and I'm also trying the JB Method on the smooth dash panel. THIS IS ONLY A TEST!!! If it works, then I'll feel pretty good about the money I've saved. If it dosen't, Then I'll clean it up and get Professional help. I have only myself to blame if these things don't hold up, I'm just a trial and error kinda guy...Everythings clamped into place until I get out there Tommorrow. We will know the fate of the "experiment" at that time. I do know that the fuel filler hole is a success

Wish me luck on my findings tommorrow! Thx, James.
Attached Images

2014 Dodge Durango (Wife-mobile)
2008 Dodge Ram Lone Star Edition (Daily driver)

Last edited by texascowboy593; 09-30-2006 at 12:23 AM.
texascowboy593 is offline   Reply With Quote