View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #34
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

Re: Finally Starting To Plan A Garage(need some wisdom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue85 View Post
thanks glock, i'm just tryin to decide what building method to use, pole or stud frame. See the thing is, the shop i am dismantling is 27Lx18W, 2 27's and an 18 back wall, it had a full width plywood door on the other end. My plan was to use the walls and with carefull planning and some more lumber end up with a 35x27 shop. I planned this route because i woudn't have to buy as much lumber to keep cost down. But after seeing some pole barns i might go with a 30x40 and use the 27x18 old shop as an addition. i dunno what to do yet, i do know i have pretty much unlimited space, but not a bottomless pocket lol
When you first posted I couldn't help but think that 30X40 would be a bit small.
I think the idea of adding the old shop on as an addition is a great idea.
Besides,the price of oil is holding and there's lots of work to pay for it right now right?
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote