View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
13lazer
13lazers' blazers

Question onboard computer, mp3, office, dvd, gps, wi fi

my dad got me a cool book for christmas, its about putting obsolete computer components together and making a into a usefull portable pc for near no $. its basically a cusomized computer that is far too complicated to be of any use to the lowlife laptop thieves. the applications for such a mod are unlimited. i have been seeing this idea floated on sites in various places.
thanks to dell's ****ty inspiron 8600($2700) new, and then 600m (given to me by another victim of the dell Q.C. program with motherboards that die suddenly after the warranty wears out. now i have 2 high quality flatscreens from these dell out of warranty boat anchors that dell wont answer for. i intend to strip every useful chip i might need. i havent seen anything mentioned on this board on this topic and i thought id share. here are a few pix showing where i am so far. this one might be a little tougher even then knocking(burning out ) my old 4x4 spring hanger/shackle bolts, but i really hope not. ill post info as i get there, im still reading the tech book and taking inventory of my pile of goodies.
Attached Images

1970 2wd blazer
1972 1ton blazer 4x4 in progress
1966 mustang coupe (modified)
1985 c20 suburban tow rig
1996 462 ranger with a 150 efi merc. a former B.A.S.S. tournament boat
almost all exempt from california smog laws intentionally.
13lazer is offline   Reply With Quote