View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #169
Ol'Green 69GMC

Re: Finally my own build thread!

Josh,
Some of my plans include shaved drip rails, o4 Corvette third brake light under the back window but above the bed rail. My most ambitious idea is to pull the rear sliding glass setup out of an avalanche and mod the system to work in my truck so that my back (large Glass) goes down. I also want to build a custom ram air hood, pull the wing windows out of the doors.
Im also looking for an idea to get rid of any sign of an antenae. Kinda thought of how auto makers used to put the antenea in the windshield. I wanted to see if i could have one made.
My truck is white like yours now but origonally it was the old forestry truck green so it was nick named Ol green. I have a friend in Oregon that has a CNC machine and I think we will cut out In old english the words "Ol'Green" where GMC used to be. Then we will put a backing on it so that it doesnt go all the way through. Or put some lights inside the tail gate. If that makes any sence.
I want everything smooth, door handles, drip rails, markers, stake holes plus airbags and spindles, you know the usual stuff. I plan to bring the exhaust through the side of the bed just in frount of the wheel wells. I still havent settled on a color but I think I will go with a medium gunsmoke grey with a bit of green in it. Drive train will most likely be out of a newer vett minus the rearend wich will most likely be a 9" but that a bit down the line. Anyway, that is a few of the thoughts that cloud my mind for now.
Ol'Green 69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote