View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 11:46 PM   #1
primer67
Account Suspended

Post AAAAAAAAAAAH! never again do I want to look at rearend components!

I took apart the rearend today, spent 7 hours crawling around in the 100 degree heat !!!!!!! 'till I finished it. -- the ring and pinion from the old unit had 41 teeth from the ring, and 12 teeth ( I think ) from the pinion. does that make sense? - cause the rearend I bought from a recycler guy had 37 teeth on the ring and 9 0n the pinion; so I had to first drive the pin with a punch, cause the bolt was broke off inside, then I had to cut the pin in the existing rearend with a torch, then I had to re- thread the set pin hole, remove the ring gear off of the old unit,(took 2 hours with a mini sledge) remove the ring gear from the new unit, and then put the old ring gear on it. 100 degrees! wearing mostly gear oil, and jeans. finally I had it all together, and the stupid set pin wouldn't fit in the carrier pin! - some guy walked over to me after watching me for a few, and handed me a brand new looking carrier pin.- he said "try this" - damn... some nice people are still around. _on a dif, subject, there were about 5-6 67-72 parts trucks there - One had a custom chassis and aftermarket disk setup -- I was tempted! -all will go cheapo too!

------------------
1967 C-10 Longbed
rollpanned front&back
Cowl induction hood
'91 5.7 liter/vortec heads, 700r4 trans. holley headers,
holley fuelpump,
holley mufflers. converted to edelbrock performer/carter 625
hei/advanced recurve
MSD 6A ignition box.
Accel supercoil
Accel custom 8.8 wires
5 bucks a plug even!
faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!
soon to be lowered "a little" looking for a good tonneau cover.
primer67 is offline   Reply With Quote