View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:44 PM   #324
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

Well I got all my front end parts today and got started tearing into it some more. I got the new A-arm cross shafts and pitman arm from Marty over at "East Bay frame & axle" in SanLeandro (510-569-4285). I have delt with this shop in th epast and they are all hot rodders. I went their last week to run my frame splice by them before doing the work and they said it was right on par. I will be taking Low Buck their for it's 4 wheel alignment and I will take my camera this time. They have a cherry fully rebuilt SWB chassie hanging from their ceiling in the main shop! Also Marty told me he would do a LWB to a SWB conversion for about 1k (frame and suspention only) if any one needs a place to go.

Then off to napa auto parts for misc parts I needed like new wheel bearing, seals, frame rebuild in a can (rust tough ), parts cleaner and new front brake lines. I had all the ball joints and steering parts from my other truck that have never been put on so now it is Low Bucks turn.

I spent 2hrs tonight pulling the A-arm shafts out and removing the ball joints. I used my elect impact to get the cross shaft nuts off and my grinder and air hammer to remove the top ball joints. I then went into the shop and put about 45ton's of power to the lower joints to pop them out. Then I went to the car wash and cleaned things up before starting to spray on some gloss black.

The susp parts that I already had with the steering parts were about $450 and the new complete cross shafts and pitman arm were another $321.57 and then another $55.21 at Napa. I hope to get some time on Sunday to put it all back together.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
$2015.42
77.5hrs
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote