View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 06:19 AM   #26
Billhilly

Re: 41DegreesSouth Build Thread

Thanks for the comments guys.
Quote:
So, how are you going to make the heat/AC work out?
Well see ten, that IS the two thousand dollar question.
My work truck was always going to have aircon - period. And nothing on the firewall. Then as things got put in that box in Washington, and more things got put in that box, the aircon budget disappeared before my eyes! The origonal cab was non air, new cab has air, but I don’t have any of the components on the motor side of the firewall. (Box too full!!).
At this stage the plan is to go with the non air cab fan and heater core, on the firewall (see photo), and later I may be able to add underdash aircon. I have been thinking I might swap over the ‘Plenum Air Valve’ for future aircon. A couple of advantages in this over a full underdash unit are the fan is not in the cab, and I will draw air from outside of the cab.
If you take the heater assembly and rotate it 180 degrees, it nearly fits. The matching piece on the inside of the firewall rotates and fits, it’s the next piece down the line that will require some ‘extra’ work. This is commercially sensitive information down here, so don’t tell anyone! (In the origonal picture I had mirrored the firewall panel, it would be flipped 180 degrees).
Do chip in if you got any other ideas.
I have one question for you see ten. On your K10 do you run wheels spacers on the rear? I've have like four inchs less track in the back, Kind of noticeable. I don't see it on all your trucks.

Bill.
Attached Images