View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
SCOTI

How Much Interest: 13" Big Brake Upgrade

How many would be interested in a 13" disc brake upgrade 'kit' for your truck (64~87 Chevy 1/2 ton trucks) that's a less exspensive alternative to current 'kits' & uses the more common PBR 2-piston caliper vs. a custom manufactured caliper?

Price is up in the air because the work isn't finished.... heck, the design isn't finished . But, other GM kits that offer a similar type of upgrade can be had for around $1K (*more or less depending on options) & you modify your own spindles. So the price SHOULD be close.

But . . ..... I know the development can be slow if there's not enough interest. This would be for 64~87 Chevy 1/2 ton trucks only @ this time but the possibilities can grow as the demand grows.

I've been in contact w/a manufacturer that is considering the 'further' development of a kit for Classic Chevy trucks (again, think 64 ~ 87) that is based on kits they already sell for GM cars. I state 'further' because they already know what they're doing & have some measurements/dimensions, but have not had the demand to make it more of a priority.

So I'm asking you... John Q Public, classic chevy truck owner, is there interest?

*Options range from just brackets w/instructions to 'kits' w/your choice of rotor (solid, slots, drilled); caliper (standard or upgraded PBR); pads; billet hub
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote