View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 10:57 PM   #103
Hart_Rod

Re: Killers 5.3L install

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
yep, been thinking about taking the glass style out, and using the add'l circuits on the SA-1000 to handle radio, cig lighter, tail/head lights, blinkers, dash gauges, dome light, and ... i mean, what else is there really? ignition, wipers, wiper motor .... in all honesty, there is so very little, it's just a matter of tracing wires to the bulkhead, tapping them into the SA-1000, then running the outbound circuit properly. sounds simple in theory, but i'm probably grossly oversimplifying (hence why i haven't worked on it in forever.

i just got screwed though, AutoMeter is seriously slacking, my gas and speed gauges have been backordered everywhere for damn near 7 weeks now. i'm going nuts, Jegs pushed it back till end of this month, like they've done four other times (so has Summit and every other place, so i know it's not their fault)

Shifty, not to get in your knickers, but.... you might as well replace all the wiring. By the time you do what your talking about, it wouldn't take that much more to finish the job. With the time and effort that you've put into your truck, I would hate to see it catch fire do to some 40 year old wiring. Just my .02.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote