View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #107
shifty
Questionable

Re: Killers 5.3L install

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
no, thats way too mcuh work, and also the sa-1000 does'nt have near enought circuits to support the interior.... things your forgetting about is the steering column ( turn signals, ignition switch, temp controls, all the guages, radio, front lights, rear lights, etc.... the sa-1000 doesnt nearly have enough circuits..
Ah, you are correct about that ... only 6 ING and 2 BATT circuits :\ But in the instructions of the SA-1000 it says you can create as many circuits as it will house fuses (I think it is either 16, 25 or ??? would need to look at instructions again)

maybe this is the time I need to start thinking about getting one of those 'hot rod' kits like the Highway 15 or Highway 22 that AAW sells (member Musclerodz sells them)

Rob - my wiring is actually in pretty damned good shape, amazingly. but i am pretty adamant about ditching the stock harness, still. I think the only part I'll use is the headlight portion of the stock harness, and that will be running off relays.

i like the idea of mounting the SA-1000 kit on the rad support, then using a harness inside for the other stuff. Dunno what I'll do at this point.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote